Epic FAILURE on Day 24

Amanda9822

This is a message for myself to own up to the fact that I just ate a bunch of mini peanut butter cups. I want to die. It was Day 24 for me, and I've been compliant the entire time up until now.

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me I need to restart... I know I do. This choice seemed to be coming from a really dark place inside me and it was to bandaid some really aweful feelings.

I wish that didn't just happen.

I'm sorry to hear that, Amanda. My heart goes out to you because I know how you must feel. I don't have any magic words that will make you feel better, other than that I think you're very brave for posting this here. I also hope that you know that the past 24 days were NOT a waste! Wishing you peace of mind and the ability to find other, healthier ways of coping with these negative emotions.

And don't start tomorrow! Start back now so you'll feel better when you wake up. If Whole9 has taught me anything, it's that the "I'll start Monday morning" phenomenon is bogus. We've all been there! Come back to us! ^_^

Suzy, i'm laughing at the "come back to us!"

Amanda: Deep breath! It happens. Do not guilt yourself. There are not cheats or failures, only choices. Just make a better choice when you eat dinner tonight!

And if it helps, I have emotionally eaten a mini mountain of mini twix bars in the last 6 months. We're human, and many of us are wired to attribute food to comfort. stupid dopamine

Amanda,

I failed in my first attempt that was Whole 30'ish (wine at a wedding) so I have an idea of how you feel.

I think this failure increases your chance of success for the next attempt. And you did good things for those 23 days that you'll be building on. I agree with Suzy, restart now.

Homer

Amanda keep it in perspective. Look at what you gained in knowledge and experience. You know better than ever what you are up against and you'll be ready to face the challenges.

The next time that sugar dragon rears it's hideous head, you will smack it in the forehead and send it to the corner.

So this time you did a W23 and now you will carry on and do a W30. Frame it and move forward feeling stronger than before. :)

Remember, it could have happened to anyone.

This is my first whole30 but I have done similar unprocessed/sugar-free challenge type things many times before and have DONE it all. I have had a great compliant awesome time and BINGED on the first day off. I've gone the whole time sulking and eating a very unbalanced, lazy but "compliant" diet. And I've had the one square of dark chocolate > pan of brownies > wine > popcorn > pizza on day 12. They are all a part of the greater journey. Sometimes your inner teenager needs that to see how it feels and learn the hard way. As mark sisson quoted some other guy "there is not failure- only feedback."

hugs!

Archived