Starting Jan 28th!

Debbie Walsh

Hello Whole30 peeps! I am excited to start on Monday and will be stocking up on veggies and good fats this weekend! I just ordered some ghee from Amazon.com, I guess that is like butter? Anyway, I already eat alot of salads so I am thinking the dressings willl have to be a little different. Can we have Walden Farms dressings? There are Calorie/Carb/Sugar free....I will be reading and asking questions as I go! I am on Facebook, would love to have some new Whole30 friends ;-)

Thanks, Debbie

Hi Debbie! The Walden Farms dressings have problem ingredients such as Xanthan Gum, colorings, etc so no, you cannot use them during your Whole30. But, the upside is that you can make your own compliant dressings in just a few minutes, even if you're an inexperienced cook. There are some great recipes on this site & in It Starts With Food (ISWF). There's a salad dressing thread in the Foods, Drinks & Condiments area that has some great suggestions.

To have a great Whole30 experience, invest time today & tomorrow to read all of the info on the site. I strongly suggest starting out by reading It Starts With Food (ISWF) since it explains both the science and psychology behind the Whole30. You can get as a hard cover book or as a Kindle or Nook e-book. The forums have tons of information as well but I got more out of them after I read ISWF.

Hi, actually both xanthan and guar gum are ok to have. We don't have Waldens Farms Dressings over here so I don't know what else is in them. As CarolinaBlue says there's some great ideas for salad dressings here

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5718-need-salad-dressing-tips/

Don't worry you'll soon become an expert at reading labels and any questions ask away

Hi! I'm starting on Monday as well. I went through my fridge and pantry today - shelves are almost bare now! It's so funny, I think I'll take some pics to post on my blog. Went to the drug-free butcher today and got my grass-fed meat! Tomorrow I'll shop for veggies, fruit and fats. I love avocado, so I'm looking forward to this!

I have Celiac Disease so this is a perfect program for me. I've had long-standing issues with stuffy nose, post-nasal drip etc. and also brain fog. Just lately I've developed what I think is tendonitis in my right elbow, and occasional very sharp pain in both wrists that could be carpal tunnel. I'm hoping to see all these symptoms subside by the end of the program.

I am starting tomorrow also. I have been planning for 2 weeks, gathering recipes and 'practicing' eating without sugar or cheese (my biggest downfalls). My husband and a co-worker are doing it with me, but it will be nice to have support here too. I have been eating Paleo for about 8 months and have felt great, but I will be interested to see how I feel with all of the eliminations (sips last glass of wine).

Today is my first day as well. Breakfast is done! But I'm not sure if I ate enough since I'm still hungry. Can I eat more? I'm worried about feeling hungry all the time, in the beginning at least. I have lots of worries actually but will take things one meal at a time and try to focus on what isn't worrying me.

I didn't clean out my pantry since I'm the only one doing the Whole30 in my house. Once I get myself under control I'll be better equipped mentally to encourage my kids to have better habits. I figure I can slowly introduce new meals to them as I accomplish these next 30 days.

I'm on day 5. I love the changes I'm seeing and feeling already!! My energy is WOW!! I've never had so much energy....oh and my moods. Again WOW! I'm happier and calmer than I've ever been. I just noticed yesterday as I was eating breakfast that my normal morning aches and pains are gone. I've also had issues with one side of my nose being stuffed up and that is getting better everyday. I told myself that I was only going to step on the scale once when I started this then again on day 30. I planned to use the measuring tape to measure how my body was changing. Wellllll I keep stepping on the scale out of curiosity because my measurements are going down so I was curious just to see what change was happening on the scale. I've happily lost 4lbs already. I know this isn't about losing weight but rather eating clean and feeling better but to see the numbers on the tape and scale go down are really a moral booster....not that I need a moral booster because like I said my moods are crazy good. My husband and daughter think I've gone crazy because I'm on a constant level of happy. I've also noticed this morning that my skin is clearer and softer. I'm so happy that my friend mentioned Whole30 to me.

I started today too! Unfortunately I started on the...ahem...wrong day of the month so the cravings are pretty bad. I'm really looking forward to all of these health benefits I keep reading about. My boyfriend enthusiastically agreed to do it with me so I'm happy to have some support. Good luck everyone :)

Archived