I don't think I'm eating enough?

Coffeeandshoes

I don't consider myself an athelete, first of all. That said. I'm training for a half marathon and I've had some issues this week that I can't decide if they are hormones, not enough food or something. (when I say hormones, I mean the lady monthly kind)

A typical weeks workouts-

teach yoga four classes

two days with personal trainer

5 days of running/walking 3-7 miles

2-4 gym workouts with weights.(alternateing upper and lower body)

A typical day's food

coffee and coconut milk

breakfast three eggs and veggie omlet (cooked in fat)

or a three egg, spinach, flax, fruit smoothie with coconut milk.

lunch- meat and veggies, cooked various ways, usually with fat, (coconut, olive, or bacon)

dinner meat and veggies,

snacks would be fruit, more meat and veggies, occassionaly nuts, I have sweet potatoe about every other day and avacado about every other day. I don't always have a snack, just if I'm going to workout before dinner and think I need some extra energy.

I am female, 40s, 5'4" and probably have 30 pounds to lose.

I've been cloudy headed, not thinking clearly, but I have had a lot going on, which is typical for me. This week I had a weepy day, due to some stressors that weren't that bad, but they made me cry and I ended up sleeping nine hours that night and then taking a nap the next day. Also, I've had muscle soreness, something I don't normally get. I have been getting probably 6 to 7 hours of sleep a night.

I haven't been hungry, unless I miss a meal, then I'm "starving" and "hangry".

I do take at least one day off from working out, and seem to be gaining muscle strength, etc.

Does it sound like I need more food? Carbs? If so, what kind? As I up my run length, what kind of more carbs for longer runs?

I'm on day 10 and am very active. My first few days on the W30, I was starving all the time, especially at night.

Once I increased my food I felt 100% better and started to sleep better. So I have had to add in snacks - salads with protein and fat, sweet potatoes, nuts, fruit and coconut milk.

I am completely satisfied at meals (which sound similar to yours, Coffee and Shoes.) - I can't eat another bite and walk away full,

but 2 - 3 hours later I'm hungry again, which is when I snack.

BTW, I have no weight to lose (I'm started at 5'4", 112 lbs.), and the first week I lost 2.5 lbs. I only weighed myself

because my personal trainer commented that I looked leaner and I told her about the diet. So that makes me think I wasn't eating enough. I want to maintain my weight and acheive the other benefits. Good luck.

Not sure what day you're on, but the same thing happened to me in the beginning. I also found that as I withdrew (mostly days 1-5), I had no appetite, even though I was "hangry", so all the food I made was not nearly the same as all the food I ate. Sweet potatoes really got me through this part - keep a couple on hand that you can throw in the microwave and top with some salt and ghee.

I started on Jan. 1. I was probably 80/20 before, but in December I usually eat whatever. I cheated and weighed and I was down eight pounds in like three and a half weeks. So thats a lot, even if it was probably the water weight caused by steriods for a lung condition in December. I am working on eating more. (its hard) and Iblew the whole30 by drinking milk and eating cake. So I'm going to continue to eat whole 30, (as in "starting over") and work on eating more, 4-5 meals I'm thinking, because I'm working out about two hours a day. Also, it may have been hormonal, as meltdown was Wed./Thursday and I started today.

All I know is I hit a wall, and felt overwhelmed by my life and all I'm trying to do.

(its hard) and I blew the whole30 by drinking milk and eating cake. So I'm going to continue to eat whole 30, (as in "starting over") and work on eating more, 4-5 meals I'm thinking, because I'm working out about two hours a day. Also, it may have been hormonal, as meltdown was Wed./Thursday and I started today.

All I know is I hit a wall, and felt overwhelmed by my life and all I'm trying to do.

The good news is, you've started back again. Don't think of this as "blowing it", it's just another learning experience.

You have the rest of your life to figure out how to live the rest of your life!

Good luck!

Archived