Day 25 and doing it tough

glimmer

As the topic says today is day 25 and I am doing it tough, hungry tired and irritable..I thought the kill all the things/low energy days were in the past.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5315-whole-30-down-under/page__st__100

That is a link to my log if anyone has any clues what I might be eating/not eating that is making me feel like this.

Today I have eaten

B kolhrabi and spinach hash in coconut butter with 3 scrambled eggs

Post work out snack of 2 boiled eggs and a banana

L salad cucumber beetroot tuna and mayo

S almonds

D: (will be) roast chicken in ghee and herbs, pumpkin, carrots, broccoli and greens.

I have found my mood to be a bit...unpredictable....these last few days-I'm also on day 25. For me it's totally life stress related. I think I give food too much weight sometimes and I also had the thought that my old habits were trying to "trick" me into caving and having that glass of wine, the thought being if I'm going to be as big a B on the W30 as I can be when I've had a drink the night before I might as well get the pleasure of the drink....except there isn't really any pleasure of the drink, I know it'll mess with my head, I just need to stay the course.

Are you getting any time to yourself to relax? Catching up on magazines has been my favorite escape lately. Nothing heavy, just flipping through not even really reading anything.

Thanks Krista. I posted and then searched and it seems to be quite common. I guess I was expecting to just keep feeling "good" rather than feeling great for a couple of weeks and then feeling really flat.

Time to myself is pretty much an unknown commodity at the moment, I get about an hour to myself 3-4 times a week to go to the gym and that is it.

I am trying to free up some time for myself today so I have my fingers crossed I might be able to relax a bit then.

I guess I just need to suck it up and get through the next week.

One thing I've learned through Whole30s is that sleep makes a huge difference in my moods. I can feel irritable, cranky, or even down and depressed and it will be entirely because I'm short on sleep.

Not sure if this applies to you, but just a thought!

On Day 26 and up until Day 23 energy was very even throughout the day and much better than before Whole30. On day 23 I did a big hike up one of the mountain trails here in Phoenix. Seemed fine the rest of that day but crashed that night and my energy has been all over since.

I have been bouncing around a bit with moods too. I think I'm more moody when I'm not completely busy. I was all over the place today - managed to be somewhat productive in the end but still a bit of a B. On day 27 and I think I have the same fear as mentioned above of splurging too much after day 30 as well!

It is nice to know I am not alone, day 27 and just feeling venal fatigue but not as feral/cranky as I have been. I am due to have a break from my weight training in another week as well so my body is just tired in general which don't help

Looking forward to the finish line now and deciding what I think I can re-introduce into my diet.

Same here, i'm on day 22 today, and feeling a bit "blah" as well, but i'm thinking this could also be our bodies settling in from the previous "happy unicorn high" around days 17-18?

Where there's an up, there's a down, or perhaps in our case, a leveling of mood?

Happy unicorn high! lol. That's exactly it. For me, it's almost like a novelty wearing off feeling. The first few days is fun because it's different. After 2 weeks you start to see some physical results and feel all this energy. With only a few days to go it just feels so close yet so far and with the energy highs and lows it's frustrating. Of course, I think I place food too high in importance as to how I feel. I had a mentally and physically challenging week. I think even the most ideal diet (whatever that is) is no match for some lifestyles!

Thank goodness the re-intro period AT LEAST changes things up again.

Archived