I think I screwed it all up on day 14

Nankamo

We had a after Christmas Christmas party for work last night and they had it at The Creamery which is a super nice little pizza place. I had salad, went back for MORE salad. Wish I had brought my own dressing but I didn't. Everyone else having pizza buffet and bread sticks and beers and I am eating copious amounts of salad. I put on the house dressing and it tasted tangy and zesty and I just KNOW without knowing that it probably wasn't on the plan but there was no lemon and it was the closest to oil and vinegar and if I didn't eat something on it I was SURE going to eat some of that pizza. I held out, just had the salad, Im still alive but Im positive I screwed it all up now. I don't need anyone to tell me to start over, I know that. Im just owning up to the fact it happened. Im not quitting or giving it all up, just moving forward. Clothes are fitting loose, I know I was doing good, just now I have to start over.

It really is amazing that I am almost exactly on target with the whole30 daily. Yesterday when I started reading it I had just ordered a julienne veggie cutter and my divided lunch containers had JUST arrived so I can plan all my meals out and have them ready to go and handy. Its just uncanny how it KNOWS what I am thinking and feeling and dealing with THAT day. Really good job with who ever put that together.

start over? I'm not so sure about that. You should be proud of yourself for going for that salad. True, the dressing probably had seed oil or canola oil or maybe soybean oil, and you could have asked for a plain lemon but don't beat yourself up. Celebrate! You made a choice in the moment and it wasn't so bad, seriously.

Now, if you are uncertain about a potential soy sensitivitiy, you might want to call the resturant and check what is in their dressing and restart the clock on soy...but...if you are like me and already know soy is an issue and plan to avoid it anyway? eh. just be aware that your results by the end of 30 days might not be as fantastic as they might have been. You're going to carry on eating this way after the 30 days anyway--more or less--right? ;) so maybe you start feeling fantastic a week or two later.

Well done for avoiding the pizza. I bought myself a cosmetic travel set. It's basically small screw top bottles in what looks like a make-up case. I find it ideal to carry in my bag with salad dressing, EVOO, balsamic vinegar etc. It avoids the whole 'I wonder what's in that dressing' dilemma you encountered. You could always give them a phone and ask what's in the dressing, then decide if you need to add days on at the end. Good luck

Thanks for the support, the sad thing is that I HAVE a couple of little one serving (or three) dressing bottles I could have taken but I didn't. I even make my own dressing with coconut oil in it (but have to heat it to room temp and thats why I didn't bring it) I live in Minnesota and I guess I just need to bring it anyway next time. I keep a pack of tuna in my purse too, for weak moments and I ordered some freeze dried fruit too, was going to make myself some emergency kits for my purse and the car. (ordered freeze dried berries cuz the dried fruit feels like I tote around a bag of rocks with me everywhere) Moving on! sticking to it, was only a set back. (still kicking myself for that, but lesson learned!)

Archived