Paleo Cookbook

jillmham

No, not The Paleo Recipe Book (although it's a great one!). The only cookbook that has 100% (ok, well 99.9%...one is not) W30 approved recipes is Well Fed, which I highly recommend. I also love Paleo Comfort Foods, Make it Paleo and Everyday Paleo but not all the recipes like The Paleo Recipe Book are approved...

I do think that It Starts With Food is going to have some recipes in it as well...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I'm curious the W30 clearly states no "paleofying" of desserts of foods. I got confused because they list them as affiliates on the website (I was just directed to the whole30 program) I just assumed it meant the book was approved. Are the w30 recipes flagged somehow or how do I know which are good and which are not? Sorry for the newbie questions I'm just trying to figure out the fastest way to get plugged in.

I don't think the recipes are flagged...you'll have to read the ingredients and determine for yourself or ask here. There are a number of resources linked to from whole9life and their blog and not everything they promote or reference will be whole30 approved. The whole30 is about learning awareness and changing habits but there are foods that don't quite make the whole30 list that are perfectly appropriate, if tolerated well, afterwards.

ISWF has a meal map which may help you out in planning meals. Well Fed also has help in the meal planning arena. The whole 30 is more about paying attention to what is in the food you eat and having a connection with what you are eating. This can seem really hard at first but over time it will be like driving a car and you will be able to take the wheel and have confidence in what you are cooking and eating.

Hang in there it does get easier and this will be second nature! Lots of label and ingredient checking now will pay off in vibrant health for many years to come!

ROCK ON Well Fed http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/wellfed/

Amazon has the book in back order.

Kindle copy is 9.99 but I don't have a kindle

The link above (frim the author) also has a .pdf version for $15 (half the price of the hard copy from Amazon), I do like a hard copy so I just printed out my .pdf. I can't wait to get started on Monday!

Archived