Day19, Painful joints, "hot" hands

This is my first W30 and I feel better than I have my whole adult life. I'm sleeping better, my energy is stable throughout the day, and I find the food delicious and completely satisfying. I haven't weighed myself but I know I have lost weight. I have been 100% compliant, and easily so.

I am still plagued by 2 things I was hoping would be addressed by this point: waking up 2-4 days/week with congestion and headaches, and waking up to sore joints (knuckles, ankles, hips). I used to notice my hands would feel "hot" when I was eating crappy, and I'm still noticing it but can't pinpoint what causes it. My fear is that I'm going to be one of those people who will also have to eliminate eggs or some other W30 approved food.

I started the W30 at the same time I started exercising regularly and with intensity, so I figure that some of the sore joints may be coming from that, but....knuckles??

Any clues??

I'm rather new here myself, but one thing that I've had happen to me that causes those symptoms was a strep infection in my joints. I don't get strep throat; I don't notice it until suddenly all of my joints hurt. It took a week to get diagnosed the first time I had it because it didn't show up on the strep throat test because, guess what, it's not in my throat! Trying to explain that to my doctor the last time I had it was like explaining something to a wall. "But strep tests ALWAYS get test right!" "No, really, if the infection isn't in my throat, why would a throat culture prove anything? You might have better luck tapping my joints or doing a blood culture." *sigh* In the end, they give in to the fact that I'm asking for antibiotics (I hate those things, but...) and magically my joints stop hurting! Knuckles are one of the weirdest ones to hurt, but I will feel every joint in my toes when I walk, even the weird joint on my collarbone! It's sad when my doctors think I'm crazy but what do you know - I'm right.

Archived