For Whole100'ers starting a 30 day subset this week....

melbournegirl

Like many of you, I want to break my whole100 up to ensure I stay focused and continue to get all the benefits I am looking for.

I will still post in the 100 days of awesome log and in my 100 days log but I thought some of us might want to use this log to review our progress and set our next 30 days goals and track progress against these and offer each other support for these.

So.... what has gone well for me... improved sleep, improved energy and much better skin. Also finding it so easy to just say no to non-compliant food with no regrets at all.

Challenges... some borderline swypo meals, overeating nuts and coconut, eating more than my body needs, reacting to something that I just cant quite figure out

Focus better meal planning and mapping against the template, listen more to my hunger signals, and try the AI protocol and see if it reduces the puffiness and inflammation I am getting at the moment.

Good luck everyone for the second third.

Thanks for starting this thread, Juzbo. I am with you on the nuts! (and dried fruit for me). I have plans to make these tuna/sweetpotato "muffins" from the Nom Nom Paleo iPad app as well as some chicken salad with homemade mayo to have around for snacks for my 2nd 30 days, and I WILL NOT snack on nuts and dried fruit! It's too easy to eat too much.

As far as what went well, I've been sleeping great, my skin looks good, my mood is super steady, I finally have the Tiger Blood feeling, yay! My pants are a bit baggy, too. Good times.

Excited to continue this journey!

yes, thanks for starting our "second 30" thread! like I said before, I have two goals for this 30 days - eating more greens (at least some every day) and working out/exercising 3x a week.

I didn't get my tiger blood yet. but I think it will kick in any minute. :lol:

I hope this month will be the tiger blood month for me too.

Happy to report a successful day1, four compliant meals, a bike ride, and early to bed. Kept waking up lots but I think that's a detoxing effect from not having coffee yesterday! Today started well with a jog and a breakfast hash with a big serve of greens in coconut oil... Adopting all your goals as well! Thanks :).

Have a great start, whenever your first day is!

I am recommitting to crossfit 4x a week, run/walk long 1x a week and take my doggie for a walk at least 3 x a week. However the theme for this month will also be PORTION CONTROL!! I need to up my good carbs and re-evaluate what I think my protein sizes should be. Not going to starve myself, but need to stop stuffing myself silly with protein and fats when a small sweet potato will do.

I was starting to get brain fog from not enough carbs and too much activity. Since lowering my activity level is not an option (part of my job) it's time to up the carbs and see how that goes.

Thanks so much for starting this thread! I admit to not keeping a day to day journal on the Awesome thread. I'm just one of those people who don't post often I guess!

We're 28 days into the whole100. It was a good month and I'm happy to say we (my husband and I) stayed mostly compliant. We always mess up with the salt... I keep forgetting to purchase the right kind and this past weekend we ate way too much fruit and nuts. We travel for our work and its so difficult to get the right food when you are away from home. We stayed compliant except for all that fruit. Can't figure out a way around it though. March will be our toughest month as we will be on the road (in two different directions) for almost the whole month. Its going to take serious planning.

Lots of positive things about the first 28 days though. First, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The weight loss for me is only a few pounds I think but I lose weight slooooowly. Husband looks like he dropped at least 10 lbs so far but I suspect even more. He's feeling very positive about his new healthy eating and this is saying a lot considering he's never been interested in healthy food... more about big quantities of the questionable stuff.

Our goal for the next 30 days (and beyond) is to increase exercise, slow down on the fruit and nuts and get the correct salt......

I'm hearing you fergie! I think my body has been struggling to digest extra protein and fat and lack of carbs kept me reaching for nuts and coconuts... A sweet potato with most meals would have been much easier to digest and hopefully stopped the snacking feeling. Coffee also messes with my blood sugar and makes me feel hungry.... So I should find these adjustments make the next 30 days a lot easier. I am going to stick to my minimum exercise for the next week until I am back in balance. For me that's a yoga, a Pilates, a body combat, a weights class, maybe body attack(starts this Friday) 4 easy 6km runs and one harder or longer run.. Hmm sounds like a lot but I exercise every day to reduce my cancer risk...

Hi all!

Lisa - I hear you about toast - I miss and love it, to make things worse my girls eat it with butter for breakfast a lot.

Maryann - is that the only gym? I would probably just look around,too, because that would bug the hell out of me. As far as educating the gym - we have one main trainer at my gym, the other trainer really only does on-ramp, and she does not eat paleo although she does eat very clean. I talk to her a lot about whole30 and she's always interested in hearing what I am eating, how I am doing, what recipes I have to share, etc. there is no pressure there to eat any specific way but almost everyone else there eats super clean so I don't feel crazy, but I have loved going to a place where I can talk freely and honestly about whole30 without people thinking I'm nuts!

I think yesterday at work I had my first taste of tiger blood. Holy cow I was able to run around, focus, help out - I didn't realize how lazy I was being at work until yesterday! I felt great!, and I'm coming down with something and hasn't slept the night before...YAY!

I broke down today and measured my waist. All of a sudden out of the blue my husband told me today he thinks I should go back to weight watchers...I was confused at first but I realize he wants me to eat pizza and cake and everything else with him again. I don't think he realized this is a life change.he said I was being too strict, etc...said he thinks I lost weight faster on WW so I just wanted some validation - my waist was down 3 1/2 inches...I will weigh tomorrow, it's important to me...

Anyways, I guess I'm finally going to get to that phase where people around me that I love are going to try to get me to quit. My brother is in town and wanted to go out tonight, I told him I couldn't but would make spaghetti and meatballs (I just don't eat the pasta) and he kept asking about Indian food (which I LOVE) but we agreed not to. He kept saying "come on, it's only one meal!"...yeah, one meal is a gateway for me...

I was thinking today about how I would feel if I was done at 30 and realized how anxious I would've been and how ready to eat whatever I wanted...thanks guys for sticking with me!

Archived