February 2013 Starters

Kate File

Lisa and Patti, congrats, great effort, you are an inspiration.

Day 26 done and my next 30 day challenge will be giving up caffeine, even though I don't drink that much it will be great to give up. Would love to do. 30 day no shopping challenge as well. For me that will be a huge challenge as I love clothes and have a fiftieth to go to in 3 weeks so a new purchase is inevitable. Think I will do a no shopping challenge until I need to purchase an outfit as I have wardrobes of brand new clothing to wear.

Went to a farmer's market this morning, then more blackberrying, more cooking and freezing and prepping for the week ahead:)

Have a great one everybody:)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very excited!! This morning I went out for a walk / run using an app. Called couch 2 5k. I have started and stopped the program so many times and every time in the past, I have not completed the full amount of runs in the 1st day.

GUESS WHAT!! Today I completed every single run in the 30 min session. I could believe how different I felt this time. I did not feel so out of breath and my thoughts were not fixated on how much my legs hurt or how hot I was getting. It felt good!!

Can't wait for my next session now :-)

another weekend in the bag... less than two weeks left.. my energy is up.. i feel more focussed and it seems like i just more motivation.. not sooo tired every afternoon. after a set back in my exercise routine due to a strained IT band i am ready to hit the gym again in the morning!

8 days into my Whole60. The new car smell is gone. This time around focusing on other little nagging habits. The snacking habit is the hardest one so far. No shopping is something I need to do every month so this was a good choice for me as well. That doesn't mean I can't "look at the menu". I do need to look for a cute pair of sail boat friendly sandals for the wedding but that doesn't mean I have to buy them..

Trying some new fruit and veggies this time around. Roasted parsnips are heavenly! Also busting out some of my old favorites and making them Whole30 compliant is fun.

Hang in there all my February friends. There is daylight at the end of the Whole30 tunnel.

Day 29 done. Silly me, I was a day behind in my previous post!!

Going to continue and stay focussed. No real desire for anything except I had a massive craving for bread and butter yesterday however it has gone.

Just made Nom Nom Paleo fish cakes, easy and yum. Highly recommend this site and the app that you can download.

Energy levels through the roof!!

Have an awesome day/night everybody.

Life is GREAT:)

Day 28 w/ 28 workouts. Well, this morning was actually "active recovery". My legs are shot from a hard weekend of biking and running so today was a core workout but it keeps in the theme of getting out of bed at 5:30 and moving.

My "last" weekend was the easist mostly, because the more I workout the better I want to eat. Why do all the work then go ruin it by eating lousy food? I've often wondered why, with all my activity, I'm still not lean. Really, I know the answer; It Starts with Food.

And ISWF, it contiues with excercise! I will end up with the body I want.

3 days and counting, It's in the bag!

Day 32 - didn't get to post yesterday & some results still in the works.

RESULTS (SO FAR)

Down 14 pounds

Stopped taking allergy medications (usually year round)

Sleep has been amazing

Energy for work outs good

Face and skin clear

Fingernails growing

Just not feeling as 'puffy'

No caffeine for 32 days

I know I have lost inches, but those measurements will be taken later today.

I had to restart my Whole30 because I fell off on day 21. I'm learning so much about myself through this process. Even when I falter and have to pick myself up I'm proud and excited. This whole experience is teaching me things I couldn't have even dreamed of. Every day I find something I can tweak to make my life better. I don't know if you guys saw it, but my blog post was featured on the whole9/ whole30 facebook page today. I'm super stoked about that! Check it out! https://www.facebook.com/Whole30

You guys have been such an inspiration to me, and I'm so grateful for your support. I love having this forum to troubleshoot through this process. You are all amazing people and your thoughts and ideas, and your own journeys inspire me every single day. Thank you so much for being here.

Look forward to hearing from you everyday.

Day 30 done.

Energy levels through the roof.

Going to continue eating the same way as the benefits are to good to lose.

Workouts great, sleep much better, moods unreal, lean and vascular again, very happy indeed.

Stay focussed the benefits are amazing:)

Day 30 done!! But i am not finished. I am going to continue this AWESOME way of eating and being. I am so happy and healthy. I do not want to go back to my old ways and my secret sugar addiction. (i would hide in my room or car and eat massive amounts of chocolate every day - then have to exercise for hours to keep the fat off. :-/ not good). So i am still worried about feeding my sugar dragon.. I am going to continue to a Whole60.

Stay healthy and lean!!

Michele

I am on the home stretch on day 26. I finally feel convinced that I've lost weight. I don't know how much of course but I can't wait to find out. More than I can't wait to eat a peice of my valentines chocolates! (Yes, I am already having one on day 31)

Hi Everyone! I am on day 29! So I have started celebrating by starting Insanity!! I think i need to mix up my eating a bit and add some sweet potatoes. I also need to go to bed about an hour earlier too. I don't have a ton of energy but i think that is lack of sleep.

Anyone else doing a beachbody program?

i'm still here.. day 19 just finished up... some days i think i have lost some weight... but today is a fat day.. i just feel chubby... i made it through girls club (sort of like a book club but we don't read books.. just chat and drink wine).. didn't partake of any wine, or cake... i love the way my body is feeling healthy and clean... i am trying not to equate success with loss of weight, but i know i will be disappointed if i haven't lost at least 8 pounds.. 10 days to go... and i plan to continue eating this clean for life... (i will reintroduce wine.. .but it will be a treat, not a daily requirement)

Ok day 31 done.

No desire whatsoever to eat anything non Whole 30.

Didn't take measurements or weight as this wasn't the goal. Needed to get my poor body back in order after a bout of bi lateral pneumonia which landed me in hospital for a week being pumped full of antibiotics via a drip.

Now have back my previous energy plus my clothes are looser, skin clearer, moods better, sleeping better. I am a better version of my pre illness self.

Awesome program, stay focussed everybody:)

Day 29 w/ 29 Workouts.

I'm wearing a pair pants that I coudn't even button 29 days ago! Need I say more?

I will tomorrow, stay tuned :D

I know! I have a pair of work pants (a little too high waisted for me...I have an extremely short torso. 5'8", mostly legs) that I could only wear if I left them unhooked and tucked the waist band in on itself. Now? Can hook and they are loose. Awesome.

Day 30 w/ 30 Workouts. Great run, even with giving a pint of blood last night. And, since eating to complete my W30 is the easy part, here is my W30 Recap:

I set out with three goals; 1) lose weight, 2) clean up my diet and 3) workout 30 days in a row.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

1) I lost 12 lbs and 2 inches off my waist;

2) Whole foods will forever be a major part of my diet and I now understand what I should eat and why;

3) consistency is the key to excercise program, I'm now ready to execute my plan and eventually race to the best of my ability.

I'm going to continue until Friday, making 32 days. However after that, I'm going to look for a balance that suits me. Personally, I feel life is too short to not enjoy some cold beer (especially IPA's), fine wine, cheese and good old crusty bread. Of course, all in moderation. Packaged foods and sugar, on the other hand, will have no place in my diet going forward.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the Februarians (and other forum members) for your input, advice and inspiration. You have enlightened me and made my journey enjoyable. I wish you all the best.

In good health,

Mark

Day 30 w/ 30 Workouts. Great run, even with giving a pint of blood last night. And, since eating to complete my W30 is the easy part, here is my W30 Recap:

I set out with three goals; 1) lose weight, 2) clean up my diet and 3) workout 30 days in a row.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

2) Whole foods will forever be a major part of my diet and I now understand what I should eat and why;

3) consistency is the key to excercise program, I'm now ready to execute my plan and eventually race to the best of my ability.

I'm going to continue until Friday, making 32 days. However after that, I'm going to look for a balance that suits me. Personally, I feel life is too short to not enjoy some cold beer (especially IPA's), fine wine, cheese and good old crusty bread. Of course, all in moderation. Packaged foods and sugar, on the other hand, will have no place in my diet going forward.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the Februarians (and other forum members) for your input, advice and inspiration. You have enlightened me and made my journey enjoyable. I wish you all the best.

In good health,

Mark

Way to go!! You're awesome! So proud of you!!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

In good health,

Mark

you have inspired me.. following behind a week and a half i have been reading your progress everyday and it has kept me going.. thank you! good luck and i look forward to following in your footsteps adding in a few special items... (wine, chocolate, crusty bread, cheese) in a very very minimal amount.. they will be treats and never again be part of my Recommended Daily Allowance

Great work Mark, awesome effort. Enjoy your goodies. Your posts have been wonderful, thanks for sharing your journey:)

Still going strong after the 30 days. Hopped on to share my lunch, yummy fishcakes from Nom Nom Paleo served with Basil and Walnut pesto. Yum. Have also noticed that I am more inclined to savour food rather than stuff it down in a hurry.

People are also commenting on how relaxed I look.

Enjoy your journey everybody:)

very fitting for me that today's email was about body image... and that the number on the scale shouldn't define me... it's given me a different perspective to think about and marinate in my pea brain... i feel good with the food i am putting in my body.. i feel good getting enough sleep... i feel good exercising without OVER exercising... just finished up day 20... can't believe i hit the 2/3's mark!

i thought this journey was going to be all about food and restriction and eating clean... and it has gone way beyond that.. i am learning and growing in ways i never imagined and it is amazing that all this started with food.. (hey that would be a good book.. it starts with food... someone should write one like that)

Thanks, you guys are great!

@ jojo - to hear I helped you along is gratifying. You are doing great, stay the course. I noticed the biggest changes in the last week and constantly reminded myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! :D

ps. 31 workouts today. I didn't miss this mornings workout in case you wondering ;)

pss. full dislcosure: I did have a greek yogurt for b'fast, to start the re-indro, get a break from eggs and give my wife/chef a break from the kitchen. btw, she gets flowers tonight!

day 21.... somehow i ended up having to "lunch"... which i don't do ... it cuts into the day...so i am at PF Changs on a whim with ten women i don't really know.. (a volunteer group we were setting up a for a fundraiser and they all wanted to stop for lunch)... i scanned the menu and could find nothing that i could eat... everything had soy or sugar or who knows what...?? so i ended up just ordering a side salad with just oil and vinegar on the side... when questioned i just said i was allergic to soy and not really that hungry... (thank goodness i had eaten my nice big breakfast of scrambled eggs and fresh side... so i really wasn't hungry) well i was pretty proud that i made it without scene and just matter of factly... i am a bit in awe of how natural this is starting to feel... i like it, i like the way i feel!

Today was day 29 for me and I'm out of town all weekend so I went ahead and weighed myself. I was wanting 5lb loss, wildest dreams were a 10lb loss. So the final number is......12lbs!!!!!!! 12.2 but who's counting. I am estatic. I feel better, look better, am bouncing off the walls with pride (and that sugar free energy) I couldn't be happier.

Archived