February 2013 Starters

Kate File

Hi all!

Just wanted to post back here.

I'm finishing day 15!

That was surprisingly not so difficult and the more I continue, the easier it becomes! I'm thankful for all the good informations, for the support of the forum, I think nothing significant has already happened, like lost pounds or so, but I feel my clothes fit better, and I feel "lighter". Something has changed in the inside, I can feel it but I could not explain what it is exactly or how it works. I would say it's feeling like my body and brain are working more effectively (even if I have the flu since yesterday)

Take courage everyone! This is awesome! :)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ho! I forgot to tell: no cravings any more! Not at all! I had even forgotten about the cravings!:)

When you are not "addict" any more, you are no more thinking of it, and at least in my case, I even don't like it any more all these things that I used once to crave for!

So keep up!

Hi there,

Day 11 completed. Energy high, cravings gone, moods even.

Since relocating from a stressful corporate job and city life to country living my part time job is in a cafe. Temptation everywhere, cakes, chocolate, hot chips etc etc and guess what - ten hour days and not even interested in any of it!!!

Unbelievable.

Stay focussed people, this program is unreal.

So motivated to try recipes from my Well Fed book.

Bring on Day 12 :)

Looking forward to reading your posts:)

Hello,

It's my first day on the whole30 forums. I Just finished reading the book and have decided it's time. I have also read other books on Paleo eating and have been mostly paleo since December, however I still give into my sugar and chocolate cravings far too often. I need a whole30 to clean up my eating and kill that sugar monster. I've seen and felt the benefits of eating paleo and am excited to be able to kill cravings for junk food. I am, however, not starting today. I have a crossfit competition on Saturday and I have a feeling I will eat some candies, or have a beer after the competition, so as not to set myself up for failure; I plan to eat whole30 for the next 2 days before the competition and then after the competition officially start. So february 16th I start the whole 30.

Just letting you all know I've been checking back in for motivational support and just to learn so thanks everyone for sharing! I've had a few moments when I feel like a toddler on the inside and want to scream I WANT THOSE CHIPS (or cookie, or pizza or whatever) but have stayed strong execpt for some wine which needs to go. I've been cooking a ton which I love. So Hi! And Happy Valentine's Day!

Can someone please tell me that coffee w/out sugar eventually doesn't taste DISGUSTING!! Also, I'm finding that 3-5 pm is brutal for wanting to snack.

Otherwise, doing great. I'm on day 5 and loving it. I have 2 out of town conferences coming up which I'm terrified about, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Can someone please tell me that coffee w/out sugar eventually doesn't taste DISGUSTING!! Also, I'm finding that 3-5 pm is brutal for wanting to snack.

If you're having coffee, try a bulletproof coffee: black, swizzed up in a vitamix or blender of some sort with a teaspoon of ghee or clarified butter and a teaspoon of coconut oil. Froths up like a cappuccino...Sounds horrid but post W30 number one, I actually learned I prefer that now to coffee with cream--it's actually great...and much better than icky inky black coffee! And the good fat in it may help with that afternoon snack attack...just a thought.

If you're having coffee, try a bulletproof coffee: black, swizzed up in a vitamix or blender of some sort with a teaspoon of ghee or clarified butter and a teaspoon of coconut oil. Froths up like a cappuccino...Sounds horrid but post W30 number one, I actually learned I prefer that now to coffee with cream--it's actually great...and much better than icky inky black coffee! And the good fat in it may help with that afternoon snack attack...just a thought.

This is day 15 for me. Yeah! I'm halfway there! On days 11 and 12, I felt quite fatigued. After reading several posts, I realized I was possibly not getting enough fat at each meal. Since adding more, the fatigue has gone. Meal planning and preperation is getting easier. I look forward to trying more new recipes. My pants are looser. Before W30, my Waterloo was the evening hours between dinner and bedtime. I would find myself going to look for food even when I was not hungry-sometimes right after dinner. I rarely feel the urge now. When I do, I drink a large glass of water and find something to do. I still need to work on sleeping. Medical problems cause me to get up a few times at night and sometimes, because of pain, I have difficulty going back to sleep. I have seen a little improvement and I'm hopeful it will get even better. I'm thinking W30 will become W60 for me. Happy Valentines Day to all.

Patti

Just wanted to say hi! I'm on Day 5 of my first Whole30, so I started on the 9th. So far it's going okay. But I'm feeling pretty tired and emotional today. I hear that happens...So just trucking along. I have chronic daily migraines which I take rx medications for (that only help a little bit), that I'm really hoping will decide to go away by changing the way I eat. Fingers crossed!!

Also, if anyone has done this before and has experienced a lot of nausea while trying to eat their proteins...I would love some advice! It's making eating a little tricky. On the bright side I'm not really even craving any food, I could care less about bread, chocolate, you name it. All I want is fruit!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

My hubby & I have completed day 14! We are feeling good. I have lost some inches around my belly - awesome location in my mind! Sleeping well, exercising regularly, only 2 craving issues remain. That darn Diet Dr. Pepper - when will this GO AWAY? The other is visual. If I see something (like a bakery display) I just want some. I haven't caved yet, but these cravings still persist.

We will finish this and I am hoping that these changes will stick in our household. My 14.5 year old son has loved all the new foods, except the cold artichoke hearts.

Otherwise, doing great. I'm on day 5 and loving it. I have 2 out of town conferences coming up which I'm terrified about, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Coffee is great black! I've been drinking it that way for years! Get a good quality coffee. You might even buy a breakfast blend, it's a milder coffee and it might break you in. I've heard some people on here say they use coconut milk to add that creamy texture. I promise once you get use to it, it's the most amazing thing ever!

Just wanted to say hi! I'm on Day 5 of my first Whole30, so I started on the 9th. So far it's going okay. But I'm feeling pretty tired and emotional today. I hear that happens...So just trucking along. I have chronic daily migraines which I take rx medications for (that only help a little bit), that I'm really hoping will decide to go away by changing the way I eat. Fingers crossed!!

Also, if anyone has done this before and has experienced a lot of nausea while trying to eat their proteins...I would love some advice! It's making eating a little tricky. On the bright side I'm not really even craving any food, I could care less about bread, chocolate, you name it. All I want is fruit!

I just finished day 14. I experienced the nausea days 5 - 8. It was tough trying to make myself eat breakfast those days and it was followed by a sick, sick feelilng. I made ginger tea to help combat it. My thoughts are it's just part of your body adjusting to different food. You're getting a completely different ratio of micronutrients and it takes your digestive system a few days to kind of adjust to what's new. I'm not scientist but obviously there's a lot of business going on in your gut. I also wonder if it's not partly your body trying to drive you back to the food it's use to. Almost like there's a toddler in there throwing a fit and trying to make you give up. I can tell you from talking to others and from my own experience, it does get better! The cravings for me hit a few days later. (and I thought I was safe!) Good Luck!

my post about nausea

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/7077-sick-to-my-stomach/page__fromsearch__1

my food log also talks about my day to day

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/7028-jessicas-whole-30-log/page__fromsearch__1

Day 12 done.

Made Well Fed mayo tonight and what a difference it made to my chicken and salad. The colour was amazing as the egg I used came from one of my chooks- bright yellow yolk. Well worth making.

Smashed out my workout today. Waking really early, still have heaps of energy and drinking3-4 litres of water per day.

Stay strong peeps, the rewards keep unfolding daily :)

Day 11 w/ 11 workouts - highest intenstiy 1 hour trainer (bike) session by far. Whew!

Now, the biggest challenge to date: college visits with my son including an overnight stay. I'll be forced to eat 4 meals in restaurants. I guess I'll be "That Guy" odering my meals, at least the dinners. So be it. I'll make it happen, afterall my money is as green as the guy drinking and eating dessert ;)

Good luck all, stay the course.

Hi there! My husband and I are on our 12 day now! We started Feburary 4,2013 I had problems the first 3 days of having headaches and the first weeek it was hard not to snack on fruit and nuts and hard boiled eggs. I was constantly hungry. It was very hard and I wanted to quit many times. But now I don't have the bad headaches and I am eating enough to stay full . My husband told me last night that I cook better on whole30 then when we weren't! :) I kinda have to agree! I have to think things through now when before I just heated french fries and chicken patties. We really love this way of eating! How is everyone else doing?

I am starting Whole30 tomorrow. After researching this site for a while and reading "It Starts with Food", I am ready. For the most part I follow Paleo except for my beloved breakfast that comes with to many strings attached. It has dairy, grains, stevia...you get the picture. I am really looking forward to this journey. I have proved to myself beyond a shadow of a doubt that I cannot handle sugar or refined foods. This is the next step toward becoming more clear headed and clean. I have been struggling with binge eating on and off for a while and this last binge has me convinced that I need to do Whole30 and let go of all my emotional attachments to food.

Signed, J

Archived