What should I order on this menu?

CAK911

I'm going to lunch tomorrow with a professional contact I haven't met before (networking). We're going to a restaurant downtown. I can find several soups that are ok to eat, but do any of these entrees seem like they might be ok? http://www.haloasianmix.com/#!menu/vstc1=entrees

Thanks for any ideas. I'm a little out of my element, because I'm not familiar with most of the cuisines represented on the menu.

The pork/chicken adobo might work, I would ask if they use sugar or soy sauce in the marinade and what kind of oil they use. Beef kaldereta might also work if you ate around the potatoes, I guess. Also dependent on the cooking oil. Can you call them in the morning before you go? Looks like they use eggs so maybe you can get them to fry or scramble some up for you. Or just dry grill some meat.

I can't call them before I'm on the train on the way there, since they aren't open in the mornings. I'm also not convinced a restaurant in the heart of downtown Chicago is going to be doing custom orders during the lunch rush.

I guess I'll just do the best I can.

Archived