so tired

Julia

Its day 8 and I'm more tired than i used to be. I bene had an energy problem, but now by 8pm i just want to go to bed. I have to get up at 5am and I'm funding it harder and harder every day. O also feel very week. I do yoga and I'm finding i cannot hills the planks as long or do as many push ups i feel like I'm losing strength.

Any thoughts?

Hi Julia,

Just taking a quick look at the foods on your blog. I would add in some starchy veggies like sweet potato, winter squashes like butternut, pumpkin, some plantains, turnips, parsnips, etc.

You may just need to eat more and make sure you are drinking plenty of water. I know you mentioned elsewhere that you drink lots of crio bru; maybe start swapping out some for more water in your day?

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I am trying to find way to like sweet potaoes or quick ways to cook squash. I drink about 120+ oz of water today. I dont think thats it... Another friend suggested maybe I am going through the timeline "I just need a nap phase" I will definitely keep watching to see what happens.

Thanks. I am trying to find way to like sweet potaoes or quick ways to cook squash. I drink about 120+ oz of water today. I dont think thats it... Another friend suggested maybe I am going through the timeline "I just need a nap phase" I will definitely keep watching to see what happens.

Have you tried roasted sweet potato cubes? I roast them for 30 mins with lots of black pepper and some crushed garlic and they are nice-the black pepper damps down some of the sweetness I think. Another way I do them sometimes is I peel one, prick it with a fork, pop in microwave for 5 mins then slice it and sautee on pan in some coconut oil with plenty of black pepper.

For quick acorn squash (quick-ish): Slice in half, remove all seeds. Place cut-side down in a shallow, microwave-safe bowl with about 1/2" of water. Microwave for 5 minutes. Check to make sure it's cooked, adding more time if you need to. Then, repeat for other side. Let cool enough to handle, then scoop out flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork, adding salt, a pinch of cinnamon, and a pat or two of clarified butter. Reheat to serving temperature.

This also keeps in the fridge pretty well, so I usually double it.

Also, if you don't like sweet potatoes alone, what about making them into a hash and using in an egg bake? Shred several along with a couple onions, and cook in a skillet until softened, stir in some garlic, salt, pepper, and whatever other seasonings you might like, then throw them into a greased baking dish, and top with whisked eggs. Bake at 375 until the whole thing is set (about 40 minutes).

Another way to get squash in without really getting the taste or too much of the texture is to puree them and add them to a soup, like chicken soup or a chili. The other flavors way out power the squash tastes and it just sort of "thickens" the broth or soup base.

And that fatigue phase as your body adapts can be pretty significant for some. Hope it gets better soon!

Archived