Day 12 - skin issues getting worse

Hi everyone :)

Today is my day 12 and generally I fell really good. I didn't experience the infamous low carb flu, my energy levels are more stable, my sleep is improving... but my skin is getting worse and worse :( I've had problems with acne since I was 13 or so, but recently it has been more or less under control. When I started Whole30, my face went crazy. I don't remember having so many breakouts :(

I eat really clean, lots of veggies, lots of water, no dairy, no soy, no nothing ;) I'd appreciate your suggestions as to what I could tweak to make it better. I suspect nuts and/or eggs. I eat quite a lot of nut butters (2-3 tbsp a day) and more eggs than I used to eat (sometimes even 6 a day, but sometimes I go without them).

Thanks for your help :)

Could it be something topical you put on your skin? I haven't seen any improvement in my acne on Whole30 (I'm 25 and depend on Proactive to keep my face somewhat in check, but not perfect), but I did notice a few more breakouts after doing some waxing last week - my best is that somehow triggered a breakout (it's only in places I used the wax). If you think it's the nuts or eggs, I'd try eliminating one for one week and the other the week after that, see if you notice any changes.

Thanks for your input. I didn't change anything in my skin care routine, didn't have any treatments or anything like this... I haven't increased my coffee intake (1 grande each morning) and I think I eat less fruit than I used to, although I don't limit it on purpose. I'm thinking maybe it's caused by oral contraception and not by diet at all... I'll talk to my doctor about it.

While clear skin was not my primary goal going into this I'd really like to at least not make it worse...

Archived