Making stock/bone broth

MrsStick

I'm going to make stock this week. I've done it before (ACV, bones, water, veggies, cook) and had decent results. My question this time is whether I can throw in the 2 or 3 small pork bones I have along with my chicken bones or if I should keep them separate. I have literally 3 or 4 pieces of either rib or vertebrae from the meat I used for my carnitas and 4 each chicken drumsticks and thighs, plus frozen veggie bits to make it more delicious (celery ends, carrot peelings, etc.).

Thoughts?

It turned out fine, but didn't gel. It thickened some, but whatever. I've only ever had one batch fully gel on me, so I'm fine with somewhat thicker. It's in the freezer, waiting for a time that I decide to make soup as an easy meal (probably next week or the week after).

It did have a delightful darker color that chicken broth usually has though - I was quite pleased with it (not sure if that was the gone-squishy cherry tomatoes or the pork). :) And with the ingeniousity (ingeniousness?) when I decided to put the the 'noodle' insert in my stock pot before putting in the veggie bits/bones. It made clean up so easy - just lifted it out of the pan and it took out everything I didn't want in my frozen stock!

Archived