Day 27- Meals for the week- what's everyone got planned?

Acer75

So I would bet I am not the only one dragging on ideas for meals, now that I am approaching my finish line (only I am going to keep going I have decided). I thought it might be fun to see what everyone has planned for the week because right now, I might get stuck resorting to the standby of a burger , greens and a sweet potato and I just don't think I can start off my week that way!

I cooked all weekend but no left overs to speak of. It doesn't help that the hubby who is also doing Paleo with me, who also does intense workouts and has the natural metabolism of a gazelle.. well, leftovers aren't common in my house, even though I often cook enough to feed a small army.

Here is what I have cooked recently:

Country style ribs in crockpot with Whole 30 approved homemade BBQ sauce, served with roasted root veggies in Coconut oil

Steak with side of steamed brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes with clarified butter

Marinated Chicken Breast marinated in Rice Vinegar, garlic, paprika and oregano, then grilled, then baked with Muir Glen marinara, served with Sauteed baby kale.

Pork chops , browned with coconut oil and then slow cooked with Saurkraut, served with unsweetened apple sauce and a side salad of spring greens, mushroom, radish, olives and balsamic dressing.

:) Now what do you all have to share?

I am going to try the Pad Thai from Well Fed. I'm not sure how I missed it last round, but everyone raves about it! Also going to make The Best Chicken...later this week. That was a favorite the first time through (also from Well Fed).

The ISWF mocha steak rub is delicious....If you cant a new take on slow cooker ribs, you could give this a try: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/02/23/5-spice-slow-cooker-pork-ribs/ (I added water because the coconut amonioes started to burn a bit...just a small layer of water)

hmmm what else has been awesome....pork stew (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/8425643634/slow-cooker-cheater-pork-stew)......her blog is awesome...lots of great recipes there! Korean short ribs in the slow cooker...look that one up on her site

lots of no bean chili recipes out there....unrolled cabbage casserole from 'Health Bent' was awesome!

Meatballs and spaghetti squash with sugar free marinara sauce. Fajita style chicken (marinated in lime juice, olive oil and cilantro) with sautéed bell peppers and onions topped with avacado. Meatloaf with grated carrots and spinach. I have been eating lots of these.

We are on day 15 and so far, thankfully no issues yet coming up with new meals. Here are some of the things we've had so far:

- Beef stew

- Sausages with peppers and onions

- Nomnom Paleo's crock pot chicken and gravy

- Apple mustard pork burgers (so good!)

- Lettuce wrapped chicken tacos with homemade guac and pico de gallo

- Beef burgers topped with a fried egg and avocado

- Fish on the grill with a veggie side

- Steak on the grill with a veggie side

- Breakfast for dinner (eggs topped with prosciutto, veggies, chorizo on the side, fruit with coconut milk)

- Roasted Carrot & Mushroom soup with cashews and chicken breast on the side

- Pork tenderloin crusted in spices

- Chicken wrapped in pork belly and baked with a sage leaf

Some new ones we're trying this week are:

- Spaghetti squash with meatballs and compliant marinara

- Apple cider pork chops

- Steak topped with sauteed mushrooms & clarified butter, shrimp on the side

- Pineapple jerk pork chops

- Chili

- Chorizo and sweet potato stew

Luckily, we have favorites that my Husband is more than happy to repeat, so I don't need to come up with 7 new meals every single week. :) Good luck with your last 3 days!

I am going to try the Pad Thai from Well Fed. I'm not sure how I missed it last round, but everyone raves about it! Also going to make The Best Chicken...later this week. That was a favorite the first time through (also from Well Fed).

The Pad Thai was great! I made it last week. A very heart-warming dish.

Other Well Fed entrees I've made & liked:

• chocolate chili
  • cinnamon beef stew with orange gremulata
  • Egg Foo Yong (made this last night. My husband LOVED it.)

One thing I did Sunday to get us through a few days: lightly seasoned & broiled 2 big packages of drummettes

Made 2 sauces from Well Fed to "dip" the drummettes in: the Moroccan sauce and the Sri Lanka curry sauce. Both were really good and give the eater flavor-profile options.

Tom the mod has a recipe for Tuna salad with avocado, dried cranberries, onions, and jalapeno peppers. It is SO good I've made it 3 times.

If you are really into burgers and want to mix it up, you could make what I'm making tomorrow: cilantro turkey burgers. Mixing ground turkey with a ton of minced cilantro, colorful bell peppers, red onions, scallions, and various seasonings (maybe ras al hanout from Well Fed). All the veggies seem to make it moister.

For a dinner party I'm hosting this weekend, I'm likely to serve

• cumin roasted carrots (Well Fed)
  • garlic mashed cauliflower (Well Fed)
  • plantain slices with cinnamon
  • seasoned/broiled chicken tenders with two sauces:
  • chipotle mango sauce (chipotle, mango, white onion, lime, cilantro)
  • Moroccan dip sauce (Well Fed)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived