day 28 & struggling!

I've made it to day 28 & i feel i should be really pleased with myself (i am, kinda :) ), but the past couple of days i've been at war with my Sugar Dragon like never before! I'm a bit disappointed really. Just a few days ago i had the whole Tiger Blood thing going on & i was on top of the world. But now i really want some chocolate - badly! I really hoped i'd gained some control over my cravings, but yesterday i spent about 3 hours really wanting chocolate :angry: & being very grumpy with everyone. I've often had depression in the past & have felt so much better since starting this, but now it feels like it's returning. My Sensible Head knows full well that sugar/gluten=depression/low moods & congestion, & that i feel better when i eat this way, but i feel as if the Sugar Dragon is rubbing its claws & making plans for a massive binge on Thursday! Aargh!! Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

You are not alone Roz! I am on Day 27 and the weekend was a struggle for me. And this morning I woke up thinking about Chocolate Chip Cookies. But then I remembered how good I feel. How the chronic back pain that I have endured for 3 years just up and dissappeared on Friday. I had a pain free weekend. Whoa.

I feel like this Whole30 has changed my life forever. I know that if I fall off and eat a cookie, I can get right back on do this again and reset my system.

With only 2 days remaining for you, You Can Do It! Just have some tea, get some fresh air, and it will pass.

Here, someone just sent me this video, maybe it will help you

:)

Hi Ladies,

Have either one of you subscribed to the Whole 30 dalies? What you are currently having sounds like an extinction burst. Meaning your brain is throwing you that last stitch effort to throw you over to the dark side of sugar. Mine was on day 25 and it lasted for 3 days. All I wanted was a cupcake (And I don't even *like* cupcakes!)

You're doing the right thing by keeping yourself on goal and staying focused. That is the best way to stay on board!

Keep on keeping on!

The only thing I can offer is a recipe for after your 30 days. Place 1 avacado, 1 banana, 1/4c cocoa, 1/8c honey, dash of salt and vanilla in your blender, thin with almond milk or water to get the consistency of chocolate pudding. It's chocolatey and paleo! Good luck, you've come a long way!

Hi Ladies,

Have either one of you subscribed to the Whole 30 dalies? What you are currently having sounds like an extinction burst. Meaning your brain is throwing you that last stitch effort to throw you over to the dark side of sugar. Mine was on day 25 and it lasted for 3 days. All I wanted was a cupcake (And I don't even *like* cupcakes!)

You're doing the right thing by keeping yourself on goal and staying focused. That is the best way to stay on board!

Keep on keeping on!

I do get the Daily, it's been invaluable! I was hoping extinction burst - i think i put too much into planning my reintroductions! "On day 1 i can have dairy, so that's milk chocolate & chocolate ice cream, then i can try gluten, so that's a chocolate cake" etc! D'oh!!

Avocado pudding with be SWYPO for me! But I know what you mean about Day 28 and having trouble. This is not my first Whole30, and I made the kids an almond flour banana/chocolate chip cake (honey sweetened, with non-dairy chocolate chips) with some yucky bananas in the fridge and it was REALLY HARD not to eat it. I haven't had trouble like that so far. And, I dreamed about vodka tonics last night! I don't even drink vodka tonics. So weird. I'm calling it extinction burst and I'm going to show my brain who's boss!

I'm on day 27 and in the same boat. I'm going to have to use all of my willpower to not "reintroduce" everything on Friday. I just keep repeating, "I will be happy with cream in my coffee and milk in my meal until early next week!"

Why oh why does my whole30 end on a Friday *headdesk*

I am on day 28 and this weekend (days 26 &27) were different in that things that I normally would not eat anyway were looking & sounding very good. I just figured it is because I am almost done. Today I haven't really felt that way.

I'm on day 27 and in the same boat. I'm going to have to use all of my willpower to not "reintroduce" everything on Friday.

Just putting this out there...when I did my first Whole30, I felt so good at the end of it that I decided NOT to do the reintrodution protocol as outline in ISWF. Instead, I continued my Whole30 until we went on vacation to Charleston, and the first night we were there, after eating Whole30 foods for almost 45 days, I had some kind of seafood dish in a creamy sauce with a grits cake, a glass of wine, dessert, and a bunch of stuff from the bread basket. And then I spent the rest of the night throwing up. Gah. This time I'm totally reintroducing one thing at a time, trying to be more kind to myself. Because that sucked. :-)

We can do it! The old habits fight hard to regain their lost ground but this close to the finish line...no way! I'm on day 27, fortunately I think my extinction burst has faded away, last weekend was actually the easiest weekend I've had-hubby is not on W30 and still having the usual evening indulgences, this weekend I was so busy I didn't even have time to think about him and his dark, chewy beer. I'm not sure what, when or how I'll be reintroducing foods, frankly the idea fightens me! I'm just hoping I can continue feeling good after the strict W30 time is over. I do not want to return to my previous eating habits, which basically was to eat really clean all week and then blow it on the weekends...and feel horrible, cranky and ill every Monday.

Archived