Reintro misery

Oaklandish

I finished my first Whole 30 on Saturday, and hadn't given any though to how I would reintroduce specific food groups (first mistake). Like an idiot, I ate mulitple groups at once (dairy, grains, and sugar, in the form of pizza, ice cream, and lemon bars - second mistake). Unsurprisingly (in hindsight), I've been miserable since: stomach pain and constipation Saturday night / most of Sunday, then diarhhea Sunday night / all of today. I even threw up in the middle of the night last night :mellow:

Yesterday (Sunday) I ate scrambled eggs with spinach and an apple; today I've consumed a green smoothie (veg, some fruit, and coconut water), a small salad (greens, veg, and hardboiled egg), and some plantain chips. I'm trying to stay hydrated with water and tea, but my appetite is non-existent, and the diarhhea is still in full swing.

Apologies for the graphic digestive info, but as a first-time Whole 30er, I'm wondering if this is 1) normal, given what I've eaten, 2) how much longer I should expect to be miserable, and 3) what I can eat in the meantime that won't further upset my stomach. All thoughts welcomed and appreciated.

- Alison

Yes, I think the fact you bombarded yourself is exactly why that happened. Also, you really have no idea who the culprit is because you didn't intro them separately. The foods that docs reccomend are bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. I wouldn't touch the toast and I am not clear if you are done with the program so not sure how you feel about the rice. Maybe eggs, poached chicken for protein? Those are fairly easy to digest. I hope you feel better soon. I would probably do a week or two of whole 30 to get back in shape and do the introductions one at a time. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Archived