Marcia's Whole-90! (2/1 - 5/1)

Marcia

Hi Marcia, I'm new here and found your log really interesting. I'm in the same age "neighborhood" (I'm 55), and I just gave up diet coke too. It's... challenging... to feel satisfied with just water.

Since it's my first W30, I'm not focusing on exercise or weightloss yet but I must say I envy your treadmill. I let my old, decrepit one go recently because there's no space for one where I am living now. But it was great being able to roll out of bed and get a mile in, pre-coffee and in my pajamas, before I was really awake. :)

No but when I do have it, it takes place of a healthy fat so I have half a tbs ghee and half co. A teaspoon works? Really?

It did for me, but like I said they were heaping... so it may have been closer to 1/2 T., plus this was my first.

Hi Marcia, I'm new here and found your log really interesting. I'm in the same age "neighborhood" (I'm 55), and I just gave up diet coke too. It's... challenging... to feel satisfied with just water.

You will though... just give it time. I don't miss my beloved diet pepsi at all... infact it's no longer beloved. The thought of it actually makes me cringe with all that sugary, syrupy, artificial taste. Ick!

Since it's my first W30, I'm not focusing on exercise or weightloss yet but I must say I envy your treadmill. I let my old, decrepit one go recently because there's no space for one where I am living now. But it was great being able to roll out of bed and get a mile in, pre-coffee and in my pajamas, before I was really awake. :)

Hi smoore and WELCOME!!! I didn't either last fall when it was my first, but it wasn't too long and I could tell I was losing weight. Then at the end when I weighed I'd lost 10 lbs! I just started on the treadmill and am lucky that I have a nice one and the room... although it is down in the basement. It's old, but hardly used... has made a great close hanger over the years (lol!), but at least I have it and it's great to just go in your p.j's. When I get up I put on my walking shoes... head downstairs, feed the kitties, jump on the treadmill, and I'm off. I try not to think about it... just do it! I did walk outside today... not too cold and felt great to be out in the fresh air. C'mon Spring!!!

As I said earlier I walked outside today... felt wonderful! Won't be too long and I'll be able to do that everyday. :)

Fasting BS 94

B: BS: 1 hr. 139, 2 hr. 112

breakfast scramble (eggs, bacon, mushrooms, onions)

1/2 avocado

1/2 grapefruit

L: BS: 1 hr. 94, 2 hr. 107

Lg. salad with 50/50 spinach & spring mix, radish, scallions, celery, 1/2 avocado, 1 HB egg, seared chicken breast w/ homemade Ranchlike dressing

D: BS: 1 hr. 99, 2 hr. 92

L/O pork roast

bowl cream of broccoli soup

Thanks for the welcome Marcia. I took yet another inspiration from your log and started posting photos of my meals. The thing is, what I ate before was healthy-ish but often bland or "mono" -- like a plate of just broccoli. So I'm trying to make my meals more appealing, to remind me to eat mindfully. So far, it's been like eating in a restaurant where you have to do dishes afterward.

--Susan

So far, it's been like eating in a restaurant where you have to do dishes afterward.

Hahaha!!! I agree! I'm the only person in my household and usually ran the dishwasher once every 3-4 days... maybe longer ...now I run it daily!

Woke up today with a fasting BS of 92... Fed the cats, got bundled up (put my sweats right over my flannel PJs. LOL!) and went out for a walk... sunny but cold (22 degrees). Not too bad til I turned north... not really windy, but my face sure got cold! Got home and had my usual breakfast:

Egg scramble

1/2 grapefruit

1/2 avocado

1 hr. PP 116

2 hr. PP 102

Made more homemade mayo, ghee, and seared chicken breasts today. Love doing the chicken breasts this way... they almost taste like they've been grilled outside and they're so handy to cut up and toss into a salad.

post-6833-0-88099800-1360955653_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-88731000-1360955673_thumb.jp

B: forgot to test BS

Scramble

1/2 grapefruit

1/4 avocado

L: 2 hr. PP 105

Salad w/ chicken

HM Italian dressing

D: 2 hr. PP 115

baby back ribs w/ Paleo Bob's BBQ sauce

roasted brussels sprouts

Didn't walk today... kept coming up with excuses, but definitely will tomorrow!

ETA: Oops! I forgot... I had bulletproof coffee this morning b/f breakfast

Had a great walk earlier this afternoon... 28 degrees... changed my route and ended up being 1.25 miles... nice rolling hills so it was quite invigorating... works those thighs and tush! I live in a nice neighborhood... my old stomping grounds actually. Back in the day many of my school friends lived around here... small 3 bedroom, 1 bath ranches where they raised 2, 3, 4, kids! Imagine that!

Had the same-o, same-o breakfast (122, 92) that I adore and just finished a delicious chicken, veggie salad. Can hardly wait for my salad dressing from Tessamae's to arrive! Too early to check my bs, but will later. I have too much food here so dinner will be either l/o pork roast or l/o ribs with l/o roasted brussels sprouts.

Feeling G*R*E*A*T... good day today! :D

Thanks Juzbo! Shorts and a T-shirt! hahahaaa! It blows my mind to think things can be so different on the other side of the world. I can't even imagine warm weather at this point... however, I did go for a walk this morning and it was 44 deg.! Felt wonderful! Now it's raining and windy, turning colder and snow is on the way. Weird!

Breakfast: 119, 100

L/O BBQ ribs

1/2 avocado

Lunch: ?

dried out chicken breast :(

C of B soup :)

Dinner: I made this recipe of Pork Fried Rice(riced cauliflower). I used Avocado oil to stir-fry and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, made a few changes with the veggies and added what I wanted. I thought it turned out pretty good! Will make a few tweeks when I make it again.

1Hr. PP 128 hmmm... wonder if it's the coconut aminos?

post-6833-0-17237600-1361240620_thumb.jp

Back to the treadmill this morning.. snow and ice last night and it's COLD out, but I do have to say that is sure was pretty this morning. I posted a few pics from my garden. I think my oil can dragonfly was enjoying it!

Had a decadent "Bulletproof" coffee this morning... Mmmmm!

B:

L/O ribs

1/2 avocado

L:

L/O pork fried rice (riced cauliflower)

1/4 C. unsweetened organic applesauce

I don't like my blood sugar numbers so I'm going to cut down on the carbs a bit. More meat, more salads, green beans, less starchy veggies... fruit only in the morning and see how it goes. Planning on a fried pork chop (maybe 2) and green beans for dinner.

post-6833-0-65815600-1361307555_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-34831300-1361307585_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-31142800-1361307621_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-16912800-1361307815_thumb.jp

Dinner last night was 2 pork chops, wilted spinach (first time with that... didn't realize it would shrink down so much and I think I got it a little overcooked, but it was good!), and a tossed salad with homemade Italian.

Today I had to get my blood tested... will be very anxious to get the results! Since I had to fast I brought a tuna salad with me I had made the night before... kept it in the trunk (very cold here) and had it when I was done... then went on my merry way to do errands. :)

L: L/O pork chop

1/2 avocado

D: 2 scrambled eggs

3 strips bacon

1/2 avocado

Didn't think I liked avocado, but I am lovin' them!!!

Schedule was off, so didn't make it to the treadmill, but will tomorrow morning!

post-6833-0-66796000-1361414684_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-89877200-1361414762_thumb.jp

Today... got on the treadmill, felt good, proud of myself! :D

B: 127,100

2 scrambled eggs with wilted spinach

4 strips bacon... yes 4!!! I love it! oink!

1/2 grapefruit

L: 92, 92

tuna salad

1/2 avocado with lime juice

D: 110,

cube steak fried in ghee

sauteed mushrooms

steamed french cut green beans with ghee

garlic cauliflower mashed potatoes

First time making faux mashed potatoes and they were really delicious! Next time a little less garlic and chicken broth... they were a bit runny, but still good... and so easy!

post-6833-0-64804700-1361500425_thumb.jp

I'm still doing well, but have decided to follow a different program that's why I haven't been posting. Even after eliminating that 1/2 grapefruit I found that my blood sugar didn't like all those veggies. So I'm following a Dr. Bernstein/Dr. Rosedale mix program. Basically it's high fat 83%, low carb 3%, and low protein 15%. and I'm having much better glucose readings so I'm happy. I'm grateful for Whole30 to get me off Diet Pepsi and open my eyes to all of the harmful artificial foods out there. I will continue to be compliant in that respect... still staying with whole foods, no sweeteners of any kind.

It's been nice meeting you and good luck with your Whole30s! :)

Archived