What a change: I don't want to get on the scale! (but I'm also curious...)

kaybee

Alright, first of all, I confess that I was weighed a week ago at the gym by a trainer I just started working with, so I know I had lost a few pounds. Today is day 29 and I should weigh myself tomorrow, but I don't want to! I feel great and my clothes fit better. I can see that I've lost all of my bloat. I think I'm afraid that if I weigh myself I'll become a slave to the number again. A meaningless number, admittedly. Yet, I'm a little bit curious...but what if I don't think I've lost "enough" -- whatever that means? I don't want to be tempted to alter my eating and start limiting myself again. Anyone else in the same boat?

I was in the same boat the first time I did the Whole30. I went ahead and weighed myself an was very happy with the number- however it also stressed me out because I've alway regained those awful last 10 pounds. So I wish I hadn't weighed myself. I hate the scale and am still trying to learn that the number doesn't matter...

I like the idea of weighing yourself but have someone else see and record the number for you!

Congrats!

I understand the premise behind not weighing but at the same time I have quite a bit of weight to lose so I will continue to weigh myself once or twice per month. That's a lot better than the every 2 or 3 days I was weighing myself before! I feel like bi monthly will continue to give me a good idea of what my weight is doing and then once I get to my healthy range I will work on just going by how my clothes feel.

BTW, for anyone going crazy waiting on the weighing -> I lost just over 2 kilos, however I have had to retire at least 2 pairs of pants which are too big to wear and my shoes are loose. I've lost a LOT, but it's not all showing on the scale.

Don't panic, whatever the number :)

I'm going to weigh myself for the first time tomorrow. I know I've lost inches and all my clothes fit looser (yesterday my coworkers told me to go out and buy new jeans because mine are 'DROOPY') but for some reason I know if I step on the scale and don't see a change in weight I will feel like I did something wrong. Perhaps a more accurate measurement to take is body fat. I am going to the doctor on Thurs and planning to have it tested then.

I was in this boat last week and I weighed myself. Let's just say that because I felt great and my clothes were fitting loose that I thought I'd see a lower #, and I didn't. I benefited in no way from stepping on the scale. My 2cents = Don't do it!!

Archived