Shellfish Allergies

Acer75

I have been allergic to Shellfish for a number of years now. It started out mild , hives, and then I was exposed a couple of times inadvertantly in restaurants(hidden shellfish sauce in various dishes..BEWARE) and my reactions were increasingly worse each time... up to mild anaphalaxis. I am very careful now as a result but it's been years since I have had any issues. I changed my diet beginning 4 years ago when I gave up wheat, bread, most grains (minus corn and quinoa) ,and cut back on sugar.

Now that I have gone deeper into a healthy state with Whole30, has anyone ever heard of shellfish allergies resolving themselves? I know this way of eating has often removed other allergic reactions.

I don't really want to "acid" test this theory considering it could kill me but I am curious if anyone else has heard of this ?

To be honest, I've absolutely no idea but with something as serious as this I'd be very wary. It's not something I'd be prepared to try when the consequences could be as serious as that. I have a gluten intolerance, however, exposure won't kill me, just make me ill. whether it's got better on W30 or not I really don't know. I reckon since I don't need it, why risk it.

Acer, even if 100 people spoke up and said YES, I would definitely speak to your own physician before you test the waters. I know you were just asking to see what others have experienced, but I couldn't help but go all mom on you. :)

@slw600- Thanks for your concern. Just for clarity I don't plan on taking that risk, believe me..!! I do think I will plan to get allergy tested in the future from a doctor since I never have just to see my level of sensitivity is.

Thanks!

@slw600- Thanks for your concern. Just for clarity I don't plan on taking that risk, believe me..!! I do think I will plan to get allergy tested in the future from a doctor since I never have just to see my level of sensitivity is.

Thanks!

I figured as much Acer, but I couldn't help myself. :) It's a great question and I wish someone who had the experience would answer because I am very curious.

Archived