Food Truck!

Jenn35

I found a food truck in Indianapolis called Caveman Truck. Soooooo good.

I had a portobello mushroom topped with bacon and spicy guacamole and sweet potato hash (it had apples and cinnamon). So good! One of the best meals I've had since I've started my Whole30. This may inspire a few meals for me.

For anybody who lives in the Portland, OR area there is a paleo food cart called The Cultured Caveman. They have two locations: one on NE Alberta and on on SE Hawthorne. I haven't been while on my W30, but I've eaten at the one on Hawthorne and had some amazing chili. The bacon-wrapped dates were amazing too. So good!

• 2 weeks later...

I keep meaning to ask Mr. Caveman Truck where he sources his bacon because he puts it in everything. I suspect it may be Smoking Goose applewood smoked bacon which I believe, sadly, has sugar. Do you know, Suzy?

The barnyard chili is also killer good. My son had the chorizo burger and raved about it.

I didn't go during my W30 because I pretty much only ate food I made during that time (control freak 😊). I was caught without lunch yesterday and lucky to be close by, so I had their mini meatloafs... Ground beef, heart, and liver, topped with bacon. So good! It's great to have somewhere to turn when I need something in a pinch.

• 1 year later...

Cultured Caveman is all golden, with the exception of bacon and their desserts. I have asked. (only visited DT truck)

If you are down town and forgot your lunch food cart savior: 808 Grinds. Order the Kahlua Pig no rice or salad, but grilled cabbage. $8.50 for a super tasty and filling portion. I was in and out with in 3 min. SCORE

• 11 months later...

Figured I'd give this a bump with some info I found while researching restaurants in Indianapolis for a work lunch.  Turns out Liz Biro from the Indy Star tried Whole 30, dining out almost every day, and wrote about her experience in the paper.  She even made a Google map of the locations of the restaurants she ate at.

Here's her Week 1 article:

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/dining/2015/01/11/whole-30-week-one/21608717/

Here's the Week 3 article where she talks about more restaurants and adds a Google map:

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2015/01/25/whole-30-week-3/22279379/

If you just want to look at the Google map with the restaurants added as points (including what she ordered at each one), here it is:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zkwE2bM5FoOs.k45oScoqrpgE

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread with a question: If there were a strictly Whole30 food truck in your area, what would you suggest be on the menu? Quick takeout meals for when you're too tired to cook? A couple of my choices would include:

1) Nomnom's kalua pig sautéed with shredded cabbage with fried plantains

2) Well Fed's chocolate chili with taro string fries

Yours?

I found a food truck in Indianapolis called Caveman Truck. Soooooo good.

I had a portobello mushroom topped with bacon and spicy guacamole and sweet potato hash (it had apples and cinnamon). So good! One of the best meals I've had since I've started my Whole30. This may inspire a few meals for me.

Wow, that is awesome!! Sounds delicious.

• 3 weeks later...

Cultured Caveman is all golden, with the exception of bacon and their desserts. I have asked. (only visited DT truck)

If you are down town and forgot your lunch food cart savior: 808 Grinds. Order the Kahlua Pig no rice or salad, but grilled cabbage. $8.50 for a super tasty and filling portion. I was in and out with in 3 min. SCORE

fyi, Cultured Caveman now lists all ingredients of their menu on their site.    http://culturedcavemanpdx.com/menu/

I presume this is 'newish', since they also now have a restaurant in N Portland.

Never in a million years would I have thought of going until I started the Whole 30. It's on my list, but I've so enjoyed cooking at home again!

Also, Portlanders, what other places are W30-compliant (ish)?  Dick's Kitchen?

Archived