Hole-in-my-stomach-hungry and crossfit/second Whole30?

msmirnio

Folks,

Stay with me on this...I avoided posting this a few weeks ago hoping I was just being silly and that I wasn't feeding myself enough, but now that I'm still experiencing a horrible hungry feeling a lot, I'd just like to see if anyone has similar experiences.....Basically, I started crossfit a month ago, the same time I started my (second) Whole30 January 1st. After a week or so of 3 days/week training, and some mild dog walking/jogging every morning, I was sidelined by horrible hunger pains for hours upon hours, and they don't go away no matter how much I'll eat (compliantly) until I wake up the next morning.

I've been eating sweet potatoes on days that I work out, but I only get these hunger pains on my "off" days. I work out in the evenings and eat pretty quickly (within 30 minutes) after. Maybe this means my body is finally burning fat efficiently? And maybe too much because I'm not eating enough food? I've also been looking at the ISWF chart about post work out meals relating to your weight - I'm on the overweight side of the spectrum so I don't know that I'm recommended to eat too much more than the 3 meals a day structure.

The pain I'm talking about: You know when you wake up in the really early morning sometimes and your stomach feels like it's trying to eat itself?

Yeesh, sorry to sound desperate.

• Moderators

Don't be afraid to eat until you are satisfied. You might need to eat 4 or 5 meals per day. I lost weight when I first started the Whole30 while eating 5 to 6 meals per day. The key to this working is eating according to the meal template - protein, veggies, and fat. And don't skimp on the fat. Fat is important to feeling satisfied. Now I only lost 2 pounds per month, but I kept losing for 15 months.

Fat=good !!!

I wish I book marked it, but I just read a study that adding coconut milk and oil with its high MCT actually, curbed hunger in obese individuals and ramped up metabolism( tech jargon... Blah blah blah) , causing far greater weight loss than the control group who ate the same minus the extra coconut milk....

Good stuff.... If you are now doing cross fit/ intense workouts, your body still needs calories the next day to repair the muscles you worked out the day before and don't forget the ever important " 30 min post exercise window" to intake lean protein and carb to recover! Quick recovery time is the key weather you are a pro athlete or reforming couch potato.... The quicker you recover the better your works will improve and you won't get injured.... So eat. :)

I am always starving on the day after a heavy lift. For example, yesterday was 3x Deadlift max and I hit a 25 lb PR on that lift. Today, I'm STARVING. Since you're relatively new to CF, pretty much every day is a PR day for you! Eat, eat, eat, eat, EAT! Until you are full. And then again when you are really hungry. The end. Amen.

Archived