How to proceed after seed oil through Day 24

I overlooked that grapeseed oil is not the best--just noticed it today. I've been using it in mayo and to saute and my husband (also on W30) and I have been eating it almost every day.

Since my husband has inflammation issues and I'm looking to increase my energy levels (and I've read about links between fatigue and inflammation), I'm thinking about restarting and am wondering what a moderator might suggest or have to say about this.

I'm happy being on Whole30, not really ready to be done, and had been looking for more definitive results as far as energy level, so extending isn't that big an issue for me.

Purely personally I would say, don't restart just continue on and extend it as much as you want or feel the need to. If you feel you're still looking for more results there's absolutely no harm in extending the W30. My first one was a W60. I'm back on it now, and have no idea how long I'll stay on (it will definitely be W30 +) because I now feel I'm tweaking it, trying to be stricter with meal times, enjoying trying new foods and recipies etc.

Talking about whether to extend a W30 Melissa said

Medical conditions = keep going. If you were really hoping to see significant relief from your medical condition or symptoms, and just haven't yet, perhaps a few extra weeks on the Whole30 will give your body more time to heal. Skin conditions, chronic pain and fatigue, depression, and autoimmune conditions generally require more attention to detail and perseverance than other conditions.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

• Moderators

I used grapeseed oil in the early months of my Whole30 life because I did not know any better. Maybe my results would have been better with another choice, but I still made a lot of good progress. I agree with Kirsteen, I don't think you need to restart. Just keep going for a while to see how much more progress you can make.

Archived