How Much "Pasta" in Spaghetti Squash

Kaleena

I want to make this recipe tonight http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/09/13/weirdly-awesome-awesomely-weird-dinner/

but for two....

I have never cooked a spaghetti squash before so I was wondering if one is enough to feed 2 people. Should I double the sardines too?

Also, what is the best way to cook the squash for the "pasta"-like consistently. Slow cooker, oven, half whole?

What do you do with the rest of it?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

We have had spaguetti squash quite a bit. So good! I do pretty much the same as Derval. I cut it in half, scoop out the gunk, and place face down on a baking sheet and throw it in the oven on 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Depending on the size, sometimes half of one is plenty for two people! haha. Any leftovers I just throw in the fridge in a container or plastic bag. You can do it whole; it just takes longer to be ready. I would also reccommend that you let it cool 5-10 minutes before forking out the goodness.

I cook it all the time. One will be more than enough for the two of you. I buy the smallish size so it fits in my oval slow cooker. 4 hours on high..maybe a little less depending on the size. No need to poke holes in it or anything. Just toss it in whole. I much prefer dealing with the cutting and the seeds after it's cooked. Let it cool just a bit so it's easier to handle. It cools much quicker if you slice it in half lengthwise right after you take it out of the slow cooker. Just use a kitchen towel to handle it. Enjoy! :)

Archived