Coupons?

DocIKY

Couponing is all the rage these days. But I'm wondering is it worth it if your living outside of the SAD lifestyle? I don't need to save 50 cents on the boxed processed food! I haven't put much effort into looking into it because I'm making the assumption that coupons for whole real food just don't really exist.

Am I missing the boat on something? Do any of you coupon?

I only use coupons for laundry and dish detg, toothpaste, windex, shampoo etc. They are usually pretty easy to find and are plentiful. I also try to use a doubler when it's time to use such things. I also get the "save ten bucks when you spend fifty" quite often from my store. And I time my coupon use for the times that the products I need are on sale. Double savings like that make me giddy. :)

Honestly, the vast majority of my purchases (even pre-whole30) are store brand items, mostly because unless you have stores that offer unlimited coupon combinations, the store brand is usually still less expensive than the name brand product with the coupon.

My grocery (Giant, not Giant Eagle) does have in-store coupons you can print out each week for things like "50 cents off $6 produce purchase," so I always check for them in the store.

Archived