Too much fat??

fluffy76

How do you know if you are consuming too much fat? I feel like I might be, but I'm not sure of what signs to look for. Here's a typical day:

Sasuage and roasted sweet potato (roast w/olive oil)

Chicken, salsa, lettuce/spinach, avacado

meat (typically red meat), roasted veggies (olive or coconut oil), maybe a few cashews.

I have bacon often in one meal or the other as well. I'm just concerened with the fat content in the meat, plus when I roast veggies, plus the avacado and wondered if there are signs my body would give me that will clue me in.

THanks! And Day 29!!!!!!!

Ok, while we're talking all things fatty...can some one clarify what a thumb amount of oil is? I find that terminology confusing because i can't visualise my thumb being made of oil....Is it like 2-3 tablespoons? I'm actually wondering if I'm using too little oil when that's the only fat in my meal.

Ok, while we're talking all things fatty...can some one clarify what a thumb amount of oil is? I find that terminology confusing because i can't visualise my thumb being made of oil....Is it like 2-3 tablespoons? I'm actually wondering if I'm using too little oil when that's the only fat in my meal.

Everyone's thumb is different. That is the point. My thumb is a little over 1 TBS. Visualize it. Pretend your thumb is a sack. How much would it take to fill the sack? Not that we measure, but how much fat are you using?

Well if my thumb was a sack (creepy??) I could probably get 2-4 tablespoons in there...Now I feel like I have enormous thumbs!!!

But if it's dressing, I'd probably only use 1-2 table spoons of oil on a salad with lean protien so I probably need to chuck some avocado in there.

Well if my thumb was a sack (creepy??) I could probably get 2-4 tablespoons in there...Now I feel like I have enormous thumbs!!!

Feeling really jealous :( Can I borrow your thumbs mine are titchy. On the plus side my fingers are so long, you've no idea how many eggs i can balance in one hand :).

On the plus side my fingers are so long, you've no idea how many eggs i can balance in one hand :).

Haha. Well tell us then.

I just tried. I can hold seven. And it wasn't even an all out balancing effort cause the things were raw :)

(Hm, not sure what to do about breakfasts now. I used to have 3-4. As a 132 pound female you'd think that should do it...)

Archived