My First Whole 30! :)

Nath

What I ate on Day 14:

Breakfast: omelette with vegetables + 1 cup of broth

Lunch: I was feeling too bed to eat so I didn't eat nothing!

Dinner: finally could eat some ground meat with sauteed vegetables and I felt better

Going to bed short after that because I was too bad.

I think my body is doing the work just how it should so I didn't want to take any medication.

I think I just have to give my body all the support it needs, and sleep well!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm drinking much water and bone broth... And I must admit this is easy to remember because I'm thirsty all the time

I think my body does a good job, and sends me the right messages, or I can listen to those more effectively, and it works!

I'm sure I will recover quicker by staying on tracks and just trying to respond to what body tells me the best I can.

Or at least I hope so! ;)

Thank you for your support martihana60.

How are you doing today? Do you already feel things are improving?

What I ate on Day 15:

Breakfast: 2 spicy tuna cakes + 1 cup of knob-celery soup

Lunch: Oyster mushrooms with 1 carrot and 1 parsnip + emergency protein (=ground beef & pork + sautéed vegetables) + 1 cup of mixed chicken broth and knob-celery soup

Dinner: some ground meat with some white cabbage.

My meals are not so special for the moment but I'm so bad! :(

I'm not feverish any more, and a (more or less)good night sleep did wonders, but all my body is aching, and I really don't have any energy to cook something special! I just want to be lethargic! ;) of course I can't because I have my little boy here with me who is sick too(think he just passed me the virus!)

So I'm happy that I did cook some things earlier this week, so that I practically have no work to prepare something to eat for my family! Yay! :)

Any way I'm finishing day 15!

That was surprisingly not so difficult and the more I continue, the easier it becomes! I'm thankful for all the good informations, for the support of the forum, I think nothing significant has already happened, like lost pounds or so, but I feel my clothes fit better, and I feel "lighter". Something has changed in the inside, I can feel it but I could explain what it is exactly or how it works. I would say it's feeling like my body and brain are working more effectively (even if I'm sick.)

Take courage everyone! This is awesome! :)

What I ate on Day 16:

Breakfast: 2 spicy tuna cakes with sautéed vegetables, 1 cup of tea

Lunch: lamb brochette with some mixed salad, 1 cup of knob-celery soup, 1 coffee

Dinner: some braised beef slices with Swiss chalk cooked in 2 different ways, 1 cup of broth

Today I really had to take pain killers and I hope I will sleep better tonight.

Edit: evening break: 1 hard boiled egg + 1 cup of celery soup

Yesterday evening I couldn't sleep so I staied up very late.:(

Of course there has been a moment I was really hungry again!

So I ate 1 hard oiled egg + 1 cup of soup.

After that I was feeling better and though I know this is not very good, I could go to bed shortly after... And I slept very well.

I only woke up once to go to toilet and I had no pain this night! Yay! :)

What I ate on Day 17:

Breakfast: some ground meat with onions, tomato, zucchini, mushroom and some spices (kind of bolognese but with much more vegetables :) ) + 1 egg on top of it + 1 cup of knob-celery soup (finally the last one, I didn't freeze it, so I had to drink everything and no one else in home seemed interested by this one,don't know why because it was delicious!;)

Lunch: shepherd's pie, some oven roasted carrots, some white cabbage, a handful of coconut chips

In the afternoon, some Russian tea

Dinner: a piece of shepherd's pie + a small leftover sautéed beef, with Swiss chalk and a small leftover roasted carrots.

Don't know why but I was pretty hungry today!

Hey robotarmy! Thank you fir asking! :)

The feeling I have is more like a real deep inside change. I'm happy for this, because even though i'm sick since several days I can feel some really good changes.

I'm just a little disappointed to not being able to feel that Tiger Effect! :s

Hope I will be better soon.

And how are you doing?

What I ate on Day 18:

Breakfast: small portion if ground meat with tomato & vegetables & coconut milk + 1 sunny side egg, 1 cup of black tea with coconut milk

Lunch: pork sausage with cauliflower, 1 Chinese pear

Dinner: 1 sausage with a small portion of cauliflower, cooked apple, 1 egg

Today my body doesn't ache no more (almost), but now I sneeze all the time + I feel so heavy, tired,, just like my head was enormous!

Grrrrrrrrr I would be so glad to feel that tiger blood effect!!

Hope I will have the chance in a few days when I will not be sick any more!

What I ate on Day 19:

Breakfast: 2 eggs 1 cup of tea

Lunch: roast pork with coconut curry sauce and a big portion of green beans! :)

Dinner: small portion of shepherd's pie, 1 egg, cooked kale, 2 dried figs, some coconut chips

1 cup of rooibos tea

Tonight we watched a movie I had never seen before : True Romance!

This was my reward for those 19 days! :)

And I liked it... Of course it is an "old" movie, just like the ones you could see in the 90's, but I really enjoyed it! :)

Hey robotarmy! Thank you fir asking! :)

The feeling I have is more like a real deep inside change. I'm happy for this, because even though i'm sick since several days I can feel some really good changes.

I'm just a little disappointed to not being able to feel that Tiger Effect! :s

Hope I will be better soon.

And how are you doing?

Love your description of the real deep inside change. That's powerful! I'm kind of the same way. Feeling great from the inside out, ready to tackle whatever comes my way :)

I've enjoyed reading your log. Glad you are starting to feel better. Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you for reading me,Purple! :)

As I could see you began your Whole30 a few days ago, so let me wish you good luck! :)

Hello everyone, today is the great day for me!

I'm almost not sick anymore, and..... Now I can really feel the difference!

Today was the first I worked again.... My husband and I are psychotherapists, and we are also teaching people to become psychotherapist. And today was the first day of a new session for people who are finishing their last training "level".... And believe me, you need to have a LOT of energy to cope with this all day long, and then to be able to accompany some of them who are feeling no so good at the end of the day....

So today I really felt the different. I'm not exhausted like I could be before! I'm feeling good in fact!

And I still have energy to cook for tonight and tomorrow

Wooohoooooo! :)

What I ate on Day 20:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 apple, 1 cup of bone broth. I didn't have much time because I was late this morning, but it was filling enough. I just. Had to have something more in the morning, I was really hungry, but not possible to cook something, so I had a big handful of coconut chips

Lunch: braised chicken with some curry spices, to what I finally added some coconut milk, a big portion of cooked kale, some salad (just lettuce and tomato and some lemon juice+evoo)

In the afternoon I was very hungry again and I ate 2 mandarins and a handful of coconut chips!

Reaaaaaally hungry today but I think that's because I'm feeling better so I have more appetite, and also my brain worked a lot today! ;)

So lesson learned!

Tonight I'm preparing a whole bunch of things I can easy eat, and above all I'm preparing something that will be enough for me if I eat it at breakfast and lunch, so that I will not be hungry all day long like today!;)

Dinner: leftover chicken with leftover kale + 1 cup of bone broth mixed with the coconut sauce from the chicken (this was kind of curry-chicken-beef-coconut-soup hmmmmmm leftovers can sometimes be better than ever!);))

Hey there! Day 21 already!?!

WOW!!! Days are just flying! ;)

Yesterday I had a little problem when preparing spicy tuna cakes: all a once my salt grinder cracked open... And all the salt was poured into my preparation! As I like this one very very much, and I hate to waste food, I just tried to take all this salt out of there (it's big chunks of pink salt so I thought I could try it)

Well I tased one this morning and..... diSGUSTING! :((((((

I was so sad and frustrated that I just did it again tonight, but without all the salt of course!

I'm happy I will have these for breakfast tomorrow morning! :)

I have headach tonight, plus feeling kind of lightly dizzy. I had some kind of weird feeling, not really a craving, neither was I hungry, but a bit like a lion in his cage.... Thirsty all the evening... don't know how much water i drank...I wonder if I could have had some reaction to an excessive salt intake at dinner....

What I ate on day 21:

Breakfast: I tried a spicy tuna cake, that was way too much salty. Yuck! 2 hard boiled eggs 1 cup of black tea

Lunch: a good plate of slow cooker chocolate chili (well fed recipe), some salad (lettuce and tomato) + some coconut milk

Dinner: some chocolate chili, I tried one spicy cake again (too much salt again of course!), I had no vegetables any more, and needed something more. I ate 1 hard boiled egg and a handful of coconut chips for the fibres and the fat. Also it's sweetness balanced the chili that was hotter tonight! ;) + a handful frozen blueberries

Ok I know I didn't have enough veggies today but I didn't want to replace it with fruit, and I was not so hungry... And really tired...

Will do better tomorrow (I did some veggie-shopping today;))

Dear Nath, my salt demon and I would probably love your tuna cakes! Will you be able to get some groceries soon? I stopped at the store tonight because I was almost out of both vegetables and meat.

Congratulations on your Day 21! It won't be long now until you've done a Whole30!

That chocolate chile is a family favorite now!

You're wright, my hubby said he LOVES it! And we shared this one with some of our students and they loved it too! :)

I'm thankful for all these yummy recipes!

Martihana60, thank you for your support but you wouldn't say this If you tried it! ;))))

Any ways, I just made anew batch and these were famous! :)

And I managed to find some time to go for groceries tonight, so now I will be ok for a few days.

And I'm preparing some emergency protein (easy to reach for when I don't have time or mood to cook), and pumpkin-knob-celery-curry soup. I also could find frozen asparagus. I'm trying this tonight.

Thank you for your interest and congratulations for your Whole30 too, because I could see you are pretty devoted to it! :)

Something is happening in here... I'm the only one on whole30 here in house, and hubby and my son are not event on paleo... But these last days something changed.

My son (3y old), still wants milk bottles and he asks pretty often for ice cream for the moment, BUT... He doesn't want almost no sweets any more, and no more pasta either! Sometimes he asks for it but then when he has it in his mouth, he doesn't like it and he just throws it in the litter!

I must say I'm pretty happy with this.

He never liked cakes and pies so the only grains he still eats is bread but that's really rare and I think that in fact he likes the butter on it more than the bread for itself!

I'm just letting go for him because his father is not paleo either.

But I'm happy he eats less and less grains and eventually he will not eat them at all any more!

What I ate on Day 22:

Breakfast: 1,5 spicy salmon cake, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 tomato with evoo & cider vinegar, 1 cup of smoked tea

Lunch: 1 cup of zucchini soup, cooked mixed vegetables (basically what I grasped in my fridge: parsnip, carrot, zucchini and onion), 1,5 spicy salmon cake, some chocolate chili, 1 Tspoon coconut milk, 1 cup of rooibos with vanilla

Dinner: 1 cup of zucchini soup, 1,5 spicy salmon cake, emergency protein, asparagus , zucchini, tomato, some blueberries

I have been away from Internet these last days, but I just not everything for myself, so I'm going to post this now! :)

What I ate on Day 23:

Breakfast: mixed cooked vegetables, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup of tea

Lunch: 2 beef burgers, mixed salad, spicy carrot salad, 1 cup of soup

Dinner: the last salmon cake, 1 beef burger, mixed vegetables, 1 cup of rooibos

Evening: I ate early today and I was hungry in the evening so I ate a small fruit salad (1 half apple, 1banana, a handful of blueberries, 2 tspoons of almond paste, vanilla) + 1 hard boiled egg

Had cravings today, and hungry.... But now I know why! :)

It is because of my hormones, I'm having my period in 2 or 3 days!

And that's also why I'm so hungry all the time!

This is something I know very well.

When I'm in the last week before my period, I have much more hunger and cravings for sugar!

But one thing is so astonishing that I didn't think immediately it was this going on: I don't really have cravings for "sugar" the same way I had. I mean I crave for a something sweet, but not sugar! I just want least I think. That's why coconut chips and fruit were perfectly satisfying!

I think this could maybe have lesser and lesser powerful over time, and I'm ok with the fact that I'm a woman and I'm impacted by my hormones and this has also an impact on what I need/want to eat

What I ate on day 24:

Breakfast: emergency protein with 1 diced apple, 1 cup of soup, 1 cup of Russian tea

Lunch: salad, fresh shiitake mushrooms, emergency protein, 1 cup of Russian tea

Afternoon: I had a irresistible craving for what it could be, give me something to eat! :( I ate some coconut chips, because I thought probably I had not enough fat at lunch, and salad was not enough to feed me (or I would have had to eat much more than that)

Dinner: we were invited at our neighbours place for dinner, this was decided a long time ago and I really couldn't ask to do this later (once again). So I thought , ok she knows I'm intolerant to gluten and dairy so I hope she will record this while preparing... But she doesn't know that I'm doing a whole30 and all what this is.

It was more or less eatable, but it would have been a big insult if didn't eat so I just had my touch of soul, and I did some cauliflower, just cooked with salt and nothing else, in whole, so we could bring something and it was beautiful. :)

We had a pork roast, some oven fried potato and cauliflower. There was also the roast cooking sauce that was made with orange juice, and other things I don't know, and probably soy cream. So I managed not to eat it but it was cooked in it.... :s

And then there was a mustard soy cream she quickly did to go with the cauliflower, so it would have been very difficult to refuse it, because she put it in my plate without asking, but once again I tried not eat it but of course it was on my cauliflower!

So I did my best but couldn't stay 100% whole30! :((((

I read somewhere in the forums that slipping on a very few spoon of agave syrup in someone's meal was probably not so bad as eating bad for instance and she should just continue without too much worrying about it.

I hesitate to restart allover but I think this is not really necessary. I don't even feel bad or like I didn't digest something.

So I just hope there will be nothing else today at my father's place!! Because we are eating there today for lunch and dinner! Usually I'm the one cooking at my father's place, but you know, I do with what I can find over there!

Archived