My First Whole 30! :)

Nath

Is this because of my hormones, just like every month? Or just a last try from my brain? Or a reaction I ate something not ok for me?

Why am iso hungry, and so wanting carbs? Not really sugar. I can very easily distinguish this.... This not a sugar craving, but a carbs craving, I mean I ate fruit because it was the easiest I had but I could have eaten vegetable purée with sweet potato for instance and it would have satisfied me also!

I bought some today, and I will prepare some sweet potato so that I would have something better to reach for for the next few days, and we'll see!

What I ate on day 25:

Breakfast: leftover chocolate chili+ leftover emergency protein+ 1 small beef burger + leftover shiitake mushrooms + leftover cauliflower + 1 Tspoon coconut milk. 1 cup of herbal tea

Lunch: ground meat with spinach and purée , 1 cup of Russian tea

Dinner: pumpkin soup, some beef meat balls, 2 eggs, mushrooms, 1 cup of herbal tea

Evening: banana, blueberries, half apple, almond paste, vanilla, some nuts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is happening in here... I'm the only one on whole30 here in house, and hubby and my son are not event on paleo... But these last days something changed.

My son (3y old), still wants milk bottles and he asks pretty often for ice cream for the moment, BUT... He doesn't want almost no sweets any more, and no more pasta either! Sometimes he asks for it but then when he has it in his mouth, he doesn't like it and he just throws it in the litter!

I must say I'm pretty happy with this.

He never liked cakes and pies so the only grains he still eats is bread but that's really rare and I think that in fact he likes the butter on it more than the bread for itself!

I'm just letting go for him because his father is not paleo either.

But I'm happy he eats less and less grains and eventually he will not eat them at all any more!

Kids see everything we do, and they want to follow our example. It's truly amazing. You are such a good influence, Nath!! :D

Unrelated: pumpkin soup sounds like a really good idea right now!

What I ate on day 27:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, cooked carrots and zucchini, a few cups of tea (using the same tea bag several times), a handful of nuts, 1 mandarin

Lunch: the famous brined chicken from theclothesmakethegirl.com, a big salad, some nuts, 1 cup of tea with coconut cream

Dinner: leftover chicken, leftover carrots & zucchini

1 bowl fruit (banana, apple, blueberries, all mode paste, coconut cream, vanilla)

I'm eating way too much fruit regarding what I ate until now, but ok, considering this is always the same when I'm at this moment of my cycle, and considering I generally crave for sugar at this moment, I mean really bad sugars, I'm pretty happy to be able to manage this moment with nuts and fruit only ... Oh yes, and more fats also, because of the nuts of course, but also just adding more fat in my meals (coconut cream, almonds paste, using more ghee or coconut oil for cooking).

The interesting moment will be when I finally will have my period! Because usually these cravings pass on, but if I ate sugar then I'm feeling bad and it is difficult to go back to a clean diet. So I hope that not giving in like I could do will help me at that moment.

We'll see that in a few days!

I think my Whole30 will be a few days more so that I can go back to it for at least 2 or 3 days after my period and see how it's going.

Hum I have high hopes! ;)

What i ate on Day 28:

Breakfast: bolognaise salsa, 1 egg, cooked vegetables (braised carrot and parsnip with salt, pepper and a pinch of chipotle), 1 cup of Russian tea

Lunch: a piece of beef fillet ( WOW!!! This was amazing! So tender!) + a big batch of salad, 2 cups of spicy black tea

Dinner: leftover beef fillet, carrots, green beans, broccoli, sweet potato.

This dinner was delicious!! Exactly what I needed! And I cooked all these vegetables so that I will have enough for tomorrow's lunch... ;)

Today I finally had my period, and just as I thought I'm already beginning to feel better. Today I was still hungry but no cravings for sugar any more. Just wanted fat and a bit of carbs but not so much as the last days...

I'm so thankful I could manage to stay on tracks, even if not 100% perfect, I could stay whole30 compliant. Now let's see how I will feel tomorrow and the day after...

What i ate on Day 29:

Breakfast: 1 can herring, 1 half can cod liver, 1 tomato, 1 half apple, S&P + lemon juice and evoo

Lunch: meatballs, some cooked mixed vegetables, salad, 1 cup of tea

Dinner: meatballs, carrots, green beans, sweet potato, blueberries, coconut cream

Herbal tea

I feel better today... Pain in my tummy (uterus) is not so bad as usually for a beginning period, plus I didn't have no headaches neither yesterday, nor today! That's really fine! :)

So I think maybe I did not have the chance to feel this tiger effect but there are real improvements!

Yay!

I'm thinking more and more this Whole30 will become a Whole45, or maybe a Whole60... I feel good but I would like to experience this "magical effect" and I'm still having pain in my shoulders , this has not changed at all! :(

I think this must be inflammatory but I can't seem to find what would be causing this.

Also, I had to take food supplements for a few weeks, and I finished all of them more or less a week ago.... Just when I began to have cravings again!

My doc' said that magnesium would help with these sugar cravings, and I'm wondering if have this cravings issue now because of my period (just like each time), or because I don't have magnesium supplements any more?!

Any ways I have to take these for one month more, but I forgot to ordering on time.so I will receive it tomorrow. I'll see if it's getting better with it.

What i ate on Day 30:

Breakfast: meatballs, carrots, green beans, broccoli, sweet potato, 1 espresso (this was disgusting! I think I don't like coffee any more! ), 1 black tea (spicy)

Lunch: grilled lamb brochette, grilled vegetables (zucchini, 1 half long green chili that they serve at Greek restaurants, eggplant) and some salad

Dinner: leftovers meatballs, sweet potato, broccoli, carrot, green beans + 1 Tspoon of cashew butter for the fat. This was not so beautiful, because I mixed everything in a bowl, but wow it was delicious!

I drank way too much tea today, even if I reuse the same leaves 2 or 3 times.... Strange... All day long I wanted to sip on something hot.

Well I'm at the end of these 30 days! :)

I'm tempted to ease things a little by having some dark chocolate again, I think it's the only thing I miss!

But on the other hand, as I said yesterday, I'm also tempted to make this a Whole45 and see if I too can experience this magical effect! ;)

What i ate on Day 31:

Today was a big dense day and I forgot to note what I ate... But I decided to continue for a few day to give me the time to feel this magical effect... And because I had cravings these last days... Still don't know if it was a last test of the sugar demon, or my period, or a magnesium deficiency like the doc said....

But it would be a pity to stop it now , after 30 days, knowing that I'm not 100% ok!

Nath, it's so great that you've completed your Whole30! I am on Day 25 today, and have already committed to adding another 15 days. Like you, I don't want the magic to stop. This is the most disciplined about my eating that I have EVER been!

Nath, it's so great that you've completed your Whole30! I am on Day 25 today, and have already committed to adding another 15 days. Like you, I don't want the magic to stop. This is the most disciplined about my eating that I have EVER been!

Thank you martihana60!

I have to say that doing the Whole30 while sharing lunches almost every day with others was not always easy, because at our place each person brings something to share with the other ones... So even when I say that I won't eat this or that because of my intolerance to gluten and dairy, and that I chose not to eat sugar any more... They don't always understand so they try their best and bring things with agave syrup for instance, or soy milk, or what else! ;)

But ok, I could manage it for 30 days, so I sure can continue now!

:))

And now that my period is finished I can really really feel how good I'm feeling! WOW!

This is great!

I even have the energy to do some physical exercise now! I began yesterday with the 5 Tibetan rituals.

I will increase the number of times I'm doing over time, like they propose.

And I'm thinking to attend to a yoga class.

I'm already walking each time I can (which means almost every day, at least 20 to 30 minutes.

There is no cross fit over here where I could easily go but you know, there's no reason to do nothing either! :)

Any ways, I wish you good luck for the few days left for your Whole30, and for the 15 following days you plan to! ;)

Archived