Reintroduction, day 1

Roz Griffiths

Whoa, that was fun!!

My 1st Whole30 all done & dusted, so today i decided to go by the book & reintroduce dairy. I had some cheese, some chocolate ice cream & rather a lot of Toblerone and i feel like my insides have turned into slow-moving sticky sludge. 319BjVHUQEL._SL500_AA300_.jpgI'm interested to see what happens tomorrow..! Err.. :blink:

What have i learnt from today?

I still have some work to do as regards my tendency to overeat milk chocolate

I have totally gone off 85% dark chocolate

Cheese is not as nice as i remembered

I don't like ice cream that much

I can't wait to have a few days of eating nice Paleo food again!! :)

Today I had chocolate (definitely not worth the month-long mourning period), ice cream (a little too sweet, but enjoyable), and cheese. Tonight's supper: spinach, carrot, bell pepper, avocado, sautéed mushrooms, burger, sweet potato fries. And then a couple of slices of Camembert on the burger, and organic ketchup. The amount of cheese and ketchup compared to volume of food was small, but, oh the difference in satisfaction! Instead of feeling cranky and deprived, I totally enjoyed my meal. I would happily skip the ice cream, and make low sugar coconut milk hot cocoa, but I will definitely enjoy a bit of cheese here and there.

No, i'm definitely avoiding cheese, or at least avoiding large lumps of it. I still feel a bit queasy today, & woke up in the middle of the night feeling absolutely terrible! I was worried before i started the reintro that, once i got a wind of chocolate i'd be back to my bingeing ways, but today i've thought about it & completely not wanted it. Almost as if yesterday got it out of my system. Phew. Sunday will be gluten-day. I'm apprehensive!

Wow--this has been crazy to read. If I had to pick dairy/sugar permutations to re-intro first, they would be dark choc, cream and cheese of all sorts--camembert, blue, brie, etc. That said I'm on Day 32 because the whole household had a bug lay us low, so I decided to stay compliant until everyone felt better.

But now I'm just curious about the genesis of reintroducing that which I thought I missed (though 'missed' is really hard to say, as I don't feel like I've really missed anything, particularly). Huh. Should be interesting...

I'm with you, LibLady, I had some cheese on a super duper burger last night, but found myself thinking "and the point of this was...?". Had a bit of cream in my first coffee this morning, but have reached the conclusion that I far prefer bulletproof coffee. Fare thee well, dairy...!

Hmm. I'm on day 29 of my first W30 and part of me just wants to skip this whole part but since it's my first I suppose I should do it while I'm so focused on being clean. Otherwise, I'm sure it will just creep back in somehow. This is interesting bc I have no interest in the grains and was feeling a little resentful about having to purchase them to try (I know, you don't have to) but I was crossing my fingers for the cheese. Interesting to see the reports

well i've decided that i'm going back to Whole30 eating as from right now, this minute. Today was my gluten day. I had the crusts off my son's pizza, which made my ears pop a bit like i guessed it would, but worse than that it seemed to lead into an all-afternoon snackfest where my old habits of "i may as well eat all 6 of these cereal bars right now, then i can start the diet tomorrow" crept in. I have *definitely* not laid my Sugar Dragon to rest yet! Bleurgh.

Archived