Is this possible? Carb Flu after race...

juliainitaly

Hello!

today I'm on day 19 of Whole30. So far it's been going...okay. Total compliance on my part but waiting for some changes.

Stats: 52 yrs old, female in menopause, physical good shape (I train for half Ironmans) and about 155 lbs. at 5'10" ---

Yesterday I ran a 13k race. I was a little concerned about doing it while on day 18, but it went FANTASTICALLY. The race was at 2.30 pm. When I got up in the morning at 8.00am I had an egg + banana + coconut milk + tbs of a nut mix I made myself. At 12.30 I had prosciutto with sweet potato and water.

While I ran it was very very good. I actually felt better in the second half of the race and I had great energy throughout.

When I got home at 5.00 pm I had a banana and then a half a litre of water.

About 6.30 pm I started to feel dizzy. I laid down and fell asleep for almost 2 hours and since then I feel like a truck ran over me -

What's happening? Is this the famous carb flu that maybe was induced by making my body try and burn fat for fuel?

Thanks for any input.

Julia

Is that all the food you had? If so, it really sounds like nowhere near enough, not even accounting for all the extra energy you used running. The meal template http://whole9life.co...ng-Template.pdf is 1 - 2 palm sized portions of protein, at least a thumb of fat, fill your plate with veggies, 3 times a day, not to mention pre ans post workout meal. If eggs are the protein it's as many as you can hold in your hand. At 5'10", I'm absolutely betting you can hold more than 1 :) I'd really, really up my food intake and see how you get on. Good luck

Thanks Kirsteen - I could have eaten more at breakfast, definitely not at lunch because of the race I didn't want to have any gastro issues (which I didn't). I also looked at the chart you pointed to which shows I should have gone for a sweet potato instead...but where I live they don't sell them :huh: - thanks !

j

Archived