Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

Day 55.

My phone has turned off at night. I slept in for the first time in half year I think. I never wake up to my alarm, I am always awake 5 min before. Interesting coincidence. I am not as sore as I though but I have two giant bruises on my knees from doing burpees. I am still excited about my first Cross Fit class I went yesterday .

For breakfast I made coffee and cooked my loved ennoki mushrooms fritters (added carrot and zucchini as well) + fried egg and avocado. If you are wondering what the hell that is, this is how they look like.

7E7D8693-CC55-42FE-A614-F06C9E05E463-250-0000001D412276DA_zpse4de2ebf.jpgC8A07913-AF1F-4699-8402-D396BE2AF67B-250-0000001D3F97CF70_zps87301786.jpg

Lunch will be leftover seafood stew and a huge bunch of rapini I have in my office fridge. Small box of blueberries as well. Pilates after work.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 55. Update.

Pilates instructor is the same CF girl that teaches Saturday WO and took us to the box on Sunday. She saw my knees and started to laugh. Burpees bruises yea. I said that I am happy that this is the only part of my body that is really hurting after introduction to CF. Is an efficient recovery a Whole30 benefit? I think so.

I got home and cooked dinner. For protein I made Johnny M's Thai Chicken. I had it with zoodles, roasted bell pepper/tomatoes + cucumber. Tea + coconut cream + book after. Fingers crossed for a good sleep.

FD7D1138-92CE-45EC-81C6-404ABA264562-529-00000047FD454CAD_zpseb312089.jpg

Btw, if you need a mood booster – watch this! What if wild animals ate fast food. I thinks it's hilarious.

Day 56.

I don't want to jinx it, but I think my sleep is starting to improve. I felt like I could have slept more after alarm.

I failed to plan and cook this Sunday, so now I have to painfully think how much time do I have for cooking before I get REALLY hungry and start to stuff myself with weird food combinations.

For breakfast I had chorizo + sweet potato mash (cannot decide what to eat mode go-to) + 2 eggs + bowl of spinach/2 slices avo. CM coffee. I have to try drinking it black harder. I like black my coffee too but cm and vanilla make it so much better. M. used the poachers I got him and did good.

BB0BE038-2570-4CA6-AA70-BC0A7BC8C79A-529-00000140F503D584_zpsbcf863fc.jpg

Lunch was put together 2 minutes before leaving for work. I'll have spaghetti squash with Johnny M's thai chicken + zucchini/carrots/leeks. I have a grapefruit and a coconut macaroons (co-worker's treat). I might eat it I might now. We'll see. I also have a container of shrimps as pre and post WO snacks.

76DA14E7-FDA1-4EF9-8FAE-5F5F5E5AA461-529-000001453B26FABA_zps915729f5.jpg

Dinner TBD. I hope I won't be too tired after gym to try the steak method, provided by lovely Terez.

Dinner update. I got super hungry around 4 pm. I grabbed a pack of packaged lettuce + 2 HB eggs (saved one egg white for post WO) + can of salmon + handful of pistachios. I didn't eat the grapefruit, but ate couple coconut maracoons :ph34r:

WO was great, no energy crash again. However I felt crazy nausea after. Salmon?! Pistachios? Brrr nasty memory. Chewed shrimps and an egg white and dragged home. Couldn't eat so I had strwberries and blueberries with tea to settle the stomach. It worked and I went to bed early. Still no cooked food in the fridge, only rib eye steak looking at me with reproach from the shelf.

It's almost spring, people! I am celebrating this fact with maybug nails.

DF0BBEC0-9E10-48E2-BADE-C75D97A6FAAB-529-0000013F1F38493E_zps85d2e797.jpg

I didn't do a cook-up either. Luckily I remembered tomato sauce and meatballs in the freezer. Also pulled out a roast which went, frozen, into the crockpot this morning. There should be hot roast beef when I get home tonight (and leftovers for the coming days).

I didn't do a cook-up either. Luckily I remembered tomato sauce and meatballs in the freezer. Also pulled out a roast which went, frozen, into the crockpot this morning. There should be hot roast beef when I get home tonight (and leftovers for the coming days).

Well done, Terez, having back up plan is great. I don't have any cooking devices unfortunately. This situation is brutal for me (good learning point tho), as I leave home at 8:30 and get back around 8-9 pm almost every day. The problem is that I turn into a pumpkin around 10. I literally can not think and would probably burn the house down if I tried cooking at this time. Ok, whining is over :D

I'm so glad you're still following the 30 and doing so well..Oh and posting the awesome pictures!

Oh hey hey! It was nice to see a new post from you in your post log.

Not sure if I'd be doing well if I had an iron stomach like you. And you def missed the part where I ate almond caramel Haagen Daz :) Btw - you mention a butcher in your posts, which one are you buying at? I go to Healthy Butcher on Queen W. in my neighborhood, but would love to check out other supplers too. And yeah, I am terrible at cooking meat, so I hear ya. Tell your dh that this meat cooking craze is contagious!

Day 57. Oktoberfest and office rage.

I failed to cook anything this weekend, so I am having an Oktoberfest with no beer = SAUSAGES. I have three left :unsure:

Breakfast: italian sausage + bacon roasted Brussel sprouts + egg + avocado + cm coffee.

B8A08EA1-9278-441D-A24E-503E0DDCA69A-1623-0000026DFBFA93EE_zps8281b63e.jpg

Packed lunch: giant pile of spinach/rapini (do you actualy eat these round things on top of the stem?) + another sausage + broccoli + braised red cabbage. Orange. And two macaroons. :unsure: I got super itchy. Orange? Or coconut. Hm... Will have to test.

060C482C-02C4-4426-B1D3-C4FAD8A09910-1623-0000026DF9B17210_zps280d9814.jpg

Got to the office and the first email that came in was an email from HR. Subject: "Weight Watchers at work". I wrote a reply, but never sent it. Getting fired is not on the to-do list.

Tribal dance rehearsal after work. Powowowpowpowwwow

Update. Got crazy hungry around 3:30 again. I do not like it. I have no clue what's going on. I am tired of looking for compliant food around the office. This was the saddest meal ever - 2 eggs + pack of carrots + avocado. Whole. With the spoon, yes, because there is still no knife in the kitchen. Black currant tea after. Do I even have dinner after that much food? Feel full and somewhat unhappy.

451AB72C-56C9-42BC-9EDB-189A3E00F004-1899-000002890913679D_zps88c477f7.jpg

Renée, I AM IMPRESSED to say the least. Precisely so ;)

Way nice Nadia - I am looking forward to having my nails done, they are actually starting to grow for the first time ever.

Big CALL OUT & thanks so much for the link to Johnny M's site - great recipes.

You are rockin' the house my friend!

Way nice Nadia - I am looking forward to having my nails done, they are actually starting to grow for the first time ever.

Big CALL OUT & thanks so much for the link to Johnny M's site - great recipes.

You are rockin' the house my friend!

I wish mine were not growing as I like them short like in picture.

Try plantain tostadas from this website. Pure joy.

Glad you're enjoying my random ramblings.

Day 57. Never eat an avocado if you're going to dance and the late night sugar victim.

Never eat an avocado if you are going to dance. Could be a title for an indie short story. Murakami wannabe. And that would be a very very sad story, because clearly I have issues with portion sizes. I miss the “full signal†from my tummy 9 out of 10 times. I always eat just a bit too much I can handle. Or just too much. Like the whole avocado yesterday. I thought I felt sick right after, but when I got to the rehearsal I knew what feeling sick means. It's pretty remarkable that I didn't throw up in front of everyone. I enjoyed dancing regardless, we have learned ¼ of the dance. By the end of this little piece everyone is out of breath.

The plan was to pick up eggs and my supplements on the way home and try to cook some food for tomorrow. My fridge is a raw eater paradise. Fail. Every place had lines and I can't stand waiting. I also dropped by a shop to look for a present for my cousin's birthday, ended up trying on million dresses, got annoyed, bought two 85% dark chocolate bars (sale excuse), ate 2 squares and went home. I had a surprise waiting by my door – my friend with box of macaroons. You already know what's happening next, but let me finish. My friend loves to bake and loves French desserts, so I got her a class at the bakery/food studio “Perfect Parisian Macaroons†for her birthday, which took place yesterday. She was happy and proud, as they looked fantastic. I was tired and didn't want to complicate anything. Last but not the least, I was very happy to see her. We shared the box late Wednesday night. In next half hour I learned how much my body hated them. Itchiness, nausea, headache you know how it is from reintro horror posts. I was “sugar high†and couldn't sleep. I woke up 5 times at night. Finally I gave up and woke up at 5-40, hangover and trashed. Do I regret eating them? I might have handled the situation way better, but it was special for me. And I am paying the price of feeling like a piece of crap today.

D887C093-CC05-4878-A9BC-D861ABCBF708-2468-00000372CDF47882_zps06d4d02c.jpg

Day 58.

Morning was all blurry, I was wandering around the apartment at 5-40 AM. This is pretty much what was going on in my head.

I craved meat for breakfast. So I cut a piece from my round eye steak, made scrambeled eggs and cooked some veggies. With giant double espresso with a square of chocolate (smart right?). Eating beef at 6 AM is awesome.

7BE338A3-BC9E-4C9D-A8A3-58D541683540-2468-00000372CE61849B_zpsd605f3c3.jpg

I made a supereffort and actually made the steak by Terez. I couldn't find the thermometer, so I was just taking chance, risky girl I am. Terez, it turned out good. I am sure that if I followed the instructions to the tee it would be even better. Taking into account my mental condition – I did good. I also cut my broccoli I got last Friday (holy) and roasted a huge tray while I was trying to put some makeup on and look like a human. Now I have giant box of stems and one more head of Broccoli to cook. Mash it? Soup? What else can I do with it? So lunch: steak + yam + beets + mixed greens salad. I hope this will keep me full until dinner.

436FEE67-251E-4043-829A-A7ECA0173E09-2468-00000372CC01C76D_zps01ba08ca.jpg

My boss brought a huge homemade banana bread to share with us. Looking at it makes me sick. Looking at people eating makes me sick. I feel like only water and cucumbers can be my friends. Btw it's the end of month = goals review and monthly wrap up post is coming.

Yowsa, feel better soon N!

Yowsa it is. Thanks, will do!

Aww, I hope you are feeling better soon! Run far, far away from the banana bread. ;)

Oh Jess, he placed it right on my desk!!! So the whole department was chewing around my desk. Noone believed me when I said that I do not want it. Whatever :)

Feel better Nadia! By the way, your lunch looks awesome!

Thanks Krista. If only I could eat it. But I'll have to, otherwise it would mean I spent my morning cooking this damned steak for nothing.

You guys are so cool :) I decided that new ballet shoe will do the trick and undo the macaroons damage. I went to the store during lunch, picked new slippers and tried a pink tutu on. I looked like marshmallow.

1C4D6FC4-4BCD-4427-A0DF-CE27A988ED31-2676-0000038E320DF087_zpsdf18f72d.jpg

Archived