Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Hey friends, it's been a while. I am feeling very different from my last post almost exactly one year ago. This time around I am back from Iceland but despite that country is an absolute stunner I am not feeling that usual stellar Nadia effect. 

In other news, life is okay. Multiple injuries and a painful breakup life wise. My body acts like a stubborn child. Eating all the things without effects I was not ready for food wise. Eating has been horrible but great but horrible if that makes sense. I have been eating x300 times more carbs to zero changes in my weight, I have also been working out x300 times less to minor changes as deflated butt. Bye muscles. Still second guessing if food is what stops me from feeling my best or it's all in my head. Funny enough I can't tell you when was that point in life that I felt my best. As I look back, it's been 5 years of starving and binging and hating then loving then hating myself again. All the years prior to that I would smoke, drink and cover my insecurities with loud and obnoxious behavior. So I guess my best is yet to come or maybe this is as good as it gets. So I am just going to journal a tad, then probably do a whole 30 after I am back from the trip (yes yet another trip). Maybe salty air and surf will set me straight. 

M1 oatmeal, apple, cashew

M2 rice crackrs, guac and a chicken wrap sanse wrap.

M3 jerk chicken, plantains, rice and salad. 

M4 remains of the chicken

M5 tbd.  

I have a problem with:

not meditating 

not doing my rehab 

scattered brain

oatmeal damned oatmeal 

M1 oatmeal cashew pear

M2 protein bar 

M3 Jerk chicken and plantains 

M4 More chicken 

Yoga because I am stiff AF 

M5 TBD craving roasted broccoli but I am going to the baseball game...

Hi Nadia - welcome back - editing is limited to 15mins, and has been this way for well over a year now. There were some issues with profile pics when we changed to a new server and members were advised to re-upload their pictures after the event. That said there have been some ongoing technical issues of late and one of those is related to the uploading of pics. The tech guys have been made aware of this issue (I emailed them  myself again today) and are working on it. Password restoration I'm afraid I can't help you with (I don't think!).....

What email address are you using for feedback?

On September 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM, jmcbn said:

Hi Nadia - welcome back - editing is limited to 15mins, and has been this way for well over a year now. There were some issues with profile pics when we changed to a new server and members were advised to re-upload their pictures after the event. That said there have been some ongoing technical issues of late and one of those is related to the uploading of pics. The tech guys have been made aware of this issue (I emailed them  myself again today) and are working on it. Password restoration I'm afraid I can't help you with (I don't think!).....

What email address are you using for feedback?

Thanks for the follow-up. This new 15 limit editing thing is new to me and is quite a bummer. I am selecting the option to link the profile picture with Facebook to avoid to resizing my profile picture to the tiny size as it never worked from the first try before. That's minor, I can live without my face here. What has really bothered me is that my old credentials stopped working as I did not changed them in a long time, that the password revival never emailed me anything after 3-4 requests and that I was forced to login with Facebook despite I didn't want to. To answer your question about the email I am using to contact, I am unsure which inbox it goes to as it's a contact form http://forum.whole30.com/contact/ 

Nadia, it takes me longer than 15 min to think,type and edit. So I have to copy and paste as I tool along. After 15 min., regardless if it's a message or post, it times out.  I have to log back in after 15 min and paste my post. I haven't been able to upload/change a profile pic for at least a couple weeks. 

Journaling is a great tool. When I just wrote my random blabber here I already meditated and cooked a giant pile of vegetables. I have been eating take out way too many days than I am willing to admit. The biggest thing is that I actually cancelled two activities that have Nadia name written all over it because I felt I need rest and I felt that I have committed to cooking meals for the week. So yay me? 

M1 Oatmeal pistachios and an apple

M2 Japanese rice thingy with tuna really snack sized

M3 Banana cake while cooking. Its a bite sized packed banana with sesame and ginger from the Asian market. No flour, just cake in the name. Roasted veggies and chicken 

Yoga or stretching and epson salt bath for the night. Anyone has online yoga tips? There are a lot of websites but I am a bit lazy to plough through. Peace whole30 peeps. 

12 hours ago, Nadia B said:

I actually cancelled two activities that have Nadia name written all over it because I felt I need rest and I felt that I have committed to cooking meals for the week. So yay me? 

Yes, yay you for listening to yourself.  Nice to hear from you, sorry to hear about the issues, and hoping you can get back to feeling good, whether it is due to eating or getting out of your head.  Hope the salty air and surf did you some good.

1 hour ago, SaraRuns said:

Yes, yay you for listening to yourself.  Nice to hear from you, sorry to hear about the issues, and hoping you can get back to feeling good, whether it is due to eating or getting out of your head.  Hope the salty air and surf did you some good.

Haii. The struggle was real but I reminded myself that I can't be doing the same thing expecting different result. I went to Iceland and going to Nicaragua, so salty air is only in the prospect. Can't wait for this completely irresponsible back to back jet setting. 

Happy to see you back Nadia!  Sorry to hear about all the other stuff - going through some stuff myself - sometimes we need to do the best we can do with what we have, or what we are capable of and call it a day.  

Right now I confess I am eating my way through sweet Dutch Treats (tastes of my childhood) too often than I care to admit.  This is thanks to my dad's visit from Europe brought..... not good for my depression and anxiety at all - but I also do take comfort that these feelings are temporary.  

6 hours ago, Carlaccini said:

Happy to see you back Nadia!  Sorry to hear about all the other stuff - going through some stuff myself - sometimes we need to do the best we can do with what we have, or what we are capable of and call it a day.  

Right now I confess I am eating my way through sweet Dutch Treats (tastes of my childhood) too often than I care to admit.  This is thanks to my dad's visit from Europe brought..... not good for my depression and anxiety at all - but I also do take comfort that these feelings are temporary.  

Progress is not linear, sometimes it involves Dutch Treats I guess....Hope your summer was good, we had such a beautiful weather. 

Rainy day but I am unreasonably optimistic. Is it my new calming pillow spray? Sweet 30 minutes of the lowest intensity yoga possible (NOT Nadia approved my brain can't even)? No crappy food for dinner? Whatever it is, I'll take more of that. 

M1 oatmeal walnuts 

M2 pear and a protein bar (sad trumpet)

M3 garliky eggplant and chicken

M4 carrots and peanut butter (ew) while stuck in the office

M5 cod and broccoli? Maybe even an omelette? Who knows but my fridge is stocked. 

Possibly Jumping jacks watching The Debate of the Year.  

17 hours ago, Nadia B said:

Progress is not linear, sometimes it involves Dutch Treats I guess....Hope your summer was good, we had such a beautiful weather. 

Nope - not linear at all - but it is indeed progress.  Food, ultimately, is still food.  Although there will always be choices that are better for you.  Right now, Stroopwafels are a good choice :ph34r:.  Who am I kidding - they are feeding my anxiety.  Yummy.  But feeding the dragon.  As along as I am present with making the decision of eating one - I am ok with this choice.

Summer was good.  Busy.  I'm afraid I wasn't a huge fan of the humidity - but all in all - it was a lovely summer.  Personally, right now is my favorite time of year. Love the cool crisp nights and the decently warm, but not humid days.  great sleeping weather.

3 hours ago, Carlaccini said:

Nope - not linear at all - but it is indeed progress.  Food, ultimately, is still food.  Although there will always be choices that are better for you.  Right now, Stroopwafels are a good choice :ph34r:.  Who am I kidding - they are feeding my anxiety.  Yummy.  But feeding the dragon.  As along as I am present with making the decision of eating one - I am ok with this choice.

Summer was good.  Busy.  I'm afraid I wasn't a huge fan of the humidity - but all in all - it was a lovely summer.  Personally, right now is my favorite time of year. Love the cool crisp nights and the decently warm, but not humid days.  great sleeping weather.

I love September but it means no more biking on the regular which makes me so sad. Coffee when you get to Toronto, my office is so much closer now - Bloor and Sherbourne? My email is the same. 

Everyone is sick. Every. Person. In. The. Office. Gah. Bathing in oil of oregano and drinking ginger tea like it's my job. Imagine the looks I get in the office just doing swigs of Elderberry syrup straight from the bottle.  

20 min power yoga in the morning

M1 oatmeal walnuts

M2 pear (it's not a meal I know)

M3 Chicken and sauteed veggies

M4 Protein bar (I am so lazy about snacks, baby steps now)

Bike ride bike ride my favorite thing

M5 Cod and broccoli in butter <3 <3 <3 

I have been liking smaller meals lately, my tummy can't process three solid ones. I feel much better with 5 meals, sorry whole30 it's not you it's me. 

So game plan prior to vacation: 

Don't stress, prep my lunches/dinners, take tons of rest because I am sick and stretch/meditate. 

Game plan apres: 

Introduce proper mini meals and phase out protein bars and random snacks. Meditate and stretch. Whole 30 come November. Bam. 

M1 Oatmeal walnuts 

M2 Rice chips and a pear

M3 Chicken/eggplant

M4 Tuna salad 

M5 Protein bar? Nuts? Eggs? Probably all of it. French class after work then straight to the concert so munch munch in between.  

So sick ew. Dead tired. 

M1 oatmeal walnuts 

M2 rice thins 

M3 cod and veggies + some chicken stock

M4 carrots and guac but really I want a protein bar. Must fight the temptation. My skin hates whey but my stomach hates raw carrots. Also they are cold cold veggies and I am achy. 

M5 Salmon and burnt brussels sprouts. Burnt is best. 

Plan: homemade London Fog y'all. I got one last night and I forgot how amazingly delicious it is. Wondering which non-dairy milk would work best, I don't like almond milk in coffee, it tastes like soap. 

Oil of oregano magic. That stuff is so disgusting, but, man, I am so much better, nearly okay. London Fog turned out alright, I need a hand frother and lavender to make it legit. Still quite good, would make again. Cashew milk from the cartoon wasn't as gross as almond milk, but I had to add coconut oil to make it creamier. 

Morning breathing and meditation gold star

M1 Oatmeal walnuts and pear

M2 I will want a snack and I am kind of craving eggs and prosciutto. Or banana. Mmm banana. 

M3 Salmon and sprouts

M4 Guac and cucumbers

M5 Chicken and veggies from the hot food counter near the office before the outing with the friends. 

I just hate this 15 min editing rule. I love posting in the morning to plan my day and editing in the evening to see how it actually went. First world problems. 

Dinner with parents. So good but so bread/dairy laden. Amazing how I have zero guilt or good/bad rhetoric around it. It was worth it. It was worth not to worry about anything. That's level up from obsessing over purity of the food I eat. I truly believe that it's freedom of choice that I want to have for life. Tummy ache, why yes I knew it was coming. I still crave fish and broccoli for dinner, so I am in an okay place. 

I saw my ex with another woman. It hit me like a truck. 

Archived