Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

Double posting occurred, so I am editing it to a separate post :)

Here are my recently found favorite websites for meal ideas.

Caramelized Onion Sardine Pate from here

Coconut Bacon Kale from here

Liver meatballs with dried cranberries from here

Caldo Verde from here

Sick soup and meatloaf from here

What's on your "to try" list?

Coconut Bacon Kale is on my "to try" list - thank you Nadia! Great links.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 62. Dinner update.

Nausea 2 hours after lunch. Insane. It's just beef and veggies, stupid stomach. What now?

Pilates class takes place in hot yoga studio, so I was more of taking happy nap in the corner than working out first half of the class. Then Alix (instructor) found me and made this face :blink: Back to waving my legs in the air I was.

For dinner i was craving scallops. I actually walked to the Thai supermarket to get them. Dinner: broccoli soup + scallops with bacon of course + lettuce with mustard dressing. Small bowl of strawberries and coconut butter. Thank God this jar is done. Not. Replacing. Ever.

53ACA602-3169-43D9-946D-1B4222646D7F-1770-000002D20BFBB208_zpsf1984efe.jpg

Crawled to bed and finally watched "The Life of P". I loved episode where Depardieu makes a dish "vegetarienne".

Day 63.

Slept in. Finally my insomnia is getting me. Quick breakfast: poached eggs + coconut bacon kale + plantain tostadas. They do not look good, but they make it up with taste. Fantastic. Warm and chewy. Mmm. Coffee.

F13B5676-7087-447F-B497-F6A1718A213C-1770-000002CB27573362_zpsd47afcf4.jpg

Packed lunch: beef patties (one as pre WO) + lemon broccoli + lettuce/cuce/mustard. Strawberries.

C916F95D-B4C4-4FF5-B4F1-B4C6A855B7DD-1770-000002CB25CCC4D3_zpsecd46dd7.jpg

Gym after work if stomach allows. It's very cold outside but crazy sunny. I wore sunglasses on my way to work. Yayayay

I6THDRsKnkE_zps42e8a19f.jpg

Cute Spring pic!

Hey look at this new gel polish my salon got in - I am SO getting it

Whoahoaoa! 12 colors and all are pretty. So cool. I love "Partly cloudy", but it's not much of everyday. Burgundy one works better. I think it will look awesome as you have nice nail shape.

Mmmmmm plantain tostadas! That sounds sooo good. And I'm with you, I can't wait for Spring!

Hope your tummy holds out today :)

Oh thanks, NY neighbor. I see you are trying egg free meals, brave girls. I love eggs, but they might be contributing to my stomach issues. Ehhh.

Tostadas - they are insanely good. Especially at their price. Especially at the time it takes to make them. I guess you can make a wrap for snacks too. Dreaming. Have a good day.

Yum. I bought my plantains! Plantain tostadas some time this week for me! And/or maybe some plantain pancakes.

Good girl. I hope you'll love them as much as I did mine. I'll keep an eye on your log. How's your yawning btw?

Thanks. Haven't been logging the past few days, crazy weekend. Yawning is actually less. Don't know if it's anxiety or dairy. Need to keep better food diaries for myself and my son (having him tested for food allergies, afraid he might be celiac/gluten sensitive).

Day 58.

I made a supereffort and actually made the steak by Terez. I couldn't find the thermometer, so I was just taking chance, risky girl I am. Terez, it turned out good. I am sure that if I followed the instructions to the tee it would be even better. Taking into account my mental condition – I did good.

436FEE67-251E-4043-829A-A7ECA0173E09-2468-00000372CC01C76D_zps01ba08ca.jpg

You made "good" steak! Yay!!! dance-smiley.gif

Day 63. Ume plum and Iphone in the steam room.

Got kind of hungry at 4. Picked up snack from the store in our building. Egg + 2 tomatos + prosciutto crudo (compliant). It was prewo as well.

I have totally confused times of the class I wanted to go. My legs were like cotton but I sucked it up, almost ran to the gym to find out a bunch of people doing weird dance-like stuff in the group class studio. Don't get me wrong, if that what you like to do in the gym - ok. It's just not for me. I was unprepared and didn't find better way to kill an hour than to go to spin class. I used to do them a lot back then. Today I remembered why - it switches my brain off. I just spinspinspin. Went to the tabata class after. It was ok. I am still putting my wo puzzle together. I want to read Jason's book first, attend more CF classes and try to wo on my own.

I did MM's magic routine. I set timer for 10 min, carefully wrapped Iphone in the towel and went to he steam room where I happily passed out. While I was drifting away more people came into the room. Peaceful zen. Until my alarm started to ring like crazy. It was SO funny, everyone paniced, jumped off the benches and started to look for the sound source.

Ate egg white and a slice of turkey after. Got home and had great dinner: cup of broth and kale/chicken/beets/2 prunes/slice of avo salad with UME Vinegar. It is super salty. I loved it.

46B0E8B4-FA82-48A3-987D-C7BC6D1C718E-2346-0000032ED3054F47_zps0c74dc99.jpg

Early to bed tonight, I promised myself.

I did MM magic routine. I set timer for 10 min, carefully wrapped iphone in the towel and went to he steamroom where I happily passed out. While I was drifting away more people came into the room. Peaceful zen. Untill my alarm started to ring like crazy. It was SO funny, everyone paniced, jumped of the benches and started to look for the sound source.

8534324230_8072bfbfa1_m.jpg No You Didn't! LOL

Day 64.

8 hour sleep. Oh boy, feels good. Woke up hungry as hell. Mistake - baking eggs. The damned things just won't cook. I sneaked a slice of yam and some bell peppers while I was waiting for breakfast. I had green avocado/caulirice + bellpepper + 2 egg/turkey/1 olive/sundried tomato/capers cups (holy f that's like 4 eggs aaa) + bit of coconut flakes. Black coffee.

E20C9848-3CBE-4B15-9786-A5AD3CAB56D6-2509-000004000A428AD2_zps46f38f5b.jpg

Packed lunch: stuffed bell pepper + braised cabbage + rappini + carrot ribbons + strawberries.

A331CB9D-750E-489F-9454-14CB2C249231-2509-000004000908AE34_zps192f88c3.jpg

Also packed a salad to chew before the rehearsal: chicken/lettuce/prunes/bell pepper/carrot dip. Drizzle of olive oil. Will keep dinner extra light.

E522FF40-0732-4550-B41C-2A026393EF27-2509-000004047BACB57D_zpsb56f478b.jpg

Your food suggestions are awesome! I'm gonna put ume plum vinegar on my list!

Umecredit goes to this supercharged lady

I am curious to use it in stir fry or other dressings. I think olive oil/garlic/hers will work just fine. I saw one with sesame and orange juice.

Apparently there is an ume plum paste! And you can make this! I'll keep an eye on the organic store shelves. Gees, my curiosity starts to annoy me. And I probably should be working now.

Umecredit goes to this supercharged lady

I am curious to use it in stir fry or other dressings. I think olive oil/garlic/hers will work just fine. I saw one with sesame and orange juice.

Apparently there is an ume plum paste! And you can make this! I'll keep an eye on the organic store shelves. Gees, my curiosity starts to annoy me. And I probably should be working now.

I've seen that paste! OMG, I am totally making this salad dressing for my kale salads.

Day 64. Hu(A)ngry update.

I got hungry or I thought I was hungry after 3 pm. I really don't get it as I had big good lunch. I went for a walk to play at Sephora nail bar. It always works as distraction or mood booster. I plopped some tacky glitter on my nails (not too bad after all) and while I was thinking if I want to buy anything the lunch was over and I had to rush back to the office. I was hungry. I grabbed mint tea as another “always works†solution. Hungry. I ate salad I had for later.

350051DA-41C6-47EF-8B14-8FCF503F79B9-3173-0000052A26E21F4B_zps8ef439ae.jpg8F9649FC-E659-4846-BEE1-5F6EBE859C35-3173-0000052A24EABB38_zps7ccdf9b9.jpg

At 6 I was hungry again. I went to the supermarket and had a very frustrating inner dialogue about what I can eat there. I took a peach, put it back, picked smaller one, put it back, took apple sauce and put it back. So on and so on. Ended up with a small peach and a bag of baby carrots half of which I happily killed on my way to rehearsal. How f uped is that – beating yourself up for wanting to eat and eating a peach? It's pretty f uped in my opinion.

Though nausea was mild for past two days I felt super weak at the rehearsal - muscle cramps etc. Walked home thinking that I might get a bike soon. I don't really know how to ride it (go ahead tease me) and a little concerned about riding in the city traffic. I think I'll start with renting one and spending a day trying when the weather allows.

70491E4C-C681-42D5-BC96-7DE6EFF0C52E-3173-0000052A22B0F832_zpsb6d98b52.jpg

I put the dinner to heat (guess what I was hungry again) and whipped a sardine pate. It was super tasty and easy to make (sardines + lime juice and jest + smoked paprika + thyme + but of coconut oil). I wish I had ghee to add. Insane nausea and stomach pain after. Crawled to bed with some herbal tea.

Day 65. Whining alert. Again.

I have to stop drinking tea before bed. I woke up 6 (!!!) times at night. I have puffy eyes. Woke up before alarm but felt somewhat rested…until I got up. Stomach pain. Went to the kitchen, opened the fridge and hello nausea long time no see. I think by the time it will be time for me to have kids I will be well prepared – mad peeing, swollen legs, cramps and nausea. Exciting.

Made quick breakfast: fried eggs, reheated leftover asparagus and sprouts, threw handful of spinach. I really enjoyed it. Runny yolks heal :) I also drank a cup of chicken broth and it seemed to help. Munched on strawberries after. Strange sugar coat in my mouth.

8155CD8D-014A-47F8-810F-F6E1003BB88D-3173-0000052A28D24866_zps12ecdb77.jpg

Packed giant lunch: two little stuffed bell peppers + spaghetti squash + acorn squash wedges.

06B3C389-A79B-4889-9E96-A41021FA09FA-3173-0000052A2A78BC3B_zps7f730b19.jpg

Headache. Stomachache. I am very irritated as I can't wrap my head around it. How is that I am feeling/sleeping worse compared to times I ate 600 Kcal a day, drank 4 cups of coffee a day and smoked. Something. Is. Wrong. I just hope it goes away at least for tonight and I'll be fine for my ballet class. I am fine, just very very tired of this struggle with my own mind and body.

Good stuff: I finally found a braid that works for my thin baby hair. Girls will be girls, eh.

F7C2DA1A-284C-4DA5-B248-FA571454E729-3323-0000053ADC0513A8_zps95a2412e.jpg

Archived