Nadia's PW30. "Let's fix it" journey.

Nadia B

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw! I WISH my hair would stay in braids. so cute! (I always have to go with two pony-tail/bun-like things. super dorky). Sorry you are still not feeling good...let's get to the bottom of that one, shall we? ;)

Ha I can't even do a decent ponytail. Not even a dorky one. So, the fit dude was scared of the girl with two ponytails. I have these manga warriors images in my head. I wish I knew which direction to start moving. More food eliminations are obvious, but I am afraid that my brain will not take the pressure for now.

Thin, baby-fine hair here too. When it was longer, I would do plaits sometimes.

You are very ballerina-looking. B)

You knew I was keeping Degas in mind while taking picture, didn't you? ^_^ Thanks Terez.

Nadia! So sorry you're feeling so bad :( Is it possible you're eating something that doesn't agree with you? Or that you have an underlying infection?

On the bright side, your braids are super cute :)

Thanks, lady. I do my best to stay positive and happy. Posting here helps a lot! Quickly checked your tumblr - great selection! Did I see Ribera there? Love Spanish 17-18th century.

I am anxiously waiting for the ume paste test results!

Heya, hope you're feeling better today! Glad you like the Tumblr - thanks for the kind words :)

Tried the Ume plum paste last night and I like it a lotttt....the dressing was light and pleasantly tangy. I also read that ume can help with nausea...

Nadia, what if you cut down on green leafy veggies and any raw veggie matter?

You may want to consider a consult at some point if it doesn't get better

Renée, ohohohoho my greens? You mean my kale/spinach/bock choy and lettuce? Can you steam lettuce? Roast cucmbers? Okok, gross I know. Is there anything I can eat, good God.

I did a lot of thinking/reading/analyzing. I have a year long food tracking log. I am thinking more and more it's related to amount and kind of protein I am eating. My stomach can't break down properly fattier/tougher kind of meat. According to articles I read when this happens there is autointoxication (does this word even exist in English?).

Diet I was on for almost half year allowed protein and veggies only. No fruits, no nuts, no fats, limited starches. Moreover I was a calorie counting freak, so I was relying on veggies in order to keep myself full. My protein sources were eggs, little chicken, turkey, salmon/white fish/seafood and tonns of dairy. What I am trying to say is that I inhaled all sorts of veggies in crazy amounts. I also ate eggs, maybe slightly less than now but not dramatically. My digestion wasn't close to perfect, but I never had nausea or pains like this.

I am 100% taking cooked only veggies suggestion. I will try to revise my protein intake due to their digestibility.

Thanks for sharing your insight on this!

Heya, hope you're feeling better today! Glad you like the Tumblr - thanks for the kind words :)

Tried the Ume plum paste last night and I like it a lotttt....the dressing was light and pleasantly tangy. I also read that ume can help with nausea...

Ok, you sold this thing to me. I will look for it at my farmers market, umebuddy.

Day 65. Dinner.

Got pretty fennel bulbs at the farmers market (3 for 4 bucks yay), got home and ate an early dinner (6pm): warm salad with fennel/spinach/beets (added raisins, no taste impact meh) + baked cod/scallops/pesto. Finished with bowl of raspberries (sale again 80 cents a box, how awesome is that?).

0379328c-1d14-44be-8ba6-6e7ca9d13de6_zps346b1df6.jpg

I felt ok - no nausea, just a bit of pain. Happily I took a slow walk to my ballet school. By the end of the class (9pm) I started to feel funky. Last 15 minutes were a complete fog. I had to sit on the couch at school for another half hour (sorry peeps, I am not trying to bring drama here, just fixing whatever happened). Got home by 10:30. Took magnesium and passed out.

Day 66.

Hunger strike. Turned to my comfort food for breakfast: yam/apple/chorizo/spinach/enoki + egg. This meal didn't do the trick, so I ate couple slices of squash and a piece of ham. Didn't drink coffee.

CBC65ED0-E666-4F5B-B4EE-C997B70E9839-3939-00000655B613FC31_zpscbfe939c.jpg

Packed lunch: last pepper + cabbage/broccoli/squash. More raspberries.

45D86E7A-677F-450B-B82B-2C4F040EF19A-3939-000006564EE06D00_zps4e234557.jpg

Drama time. I feel like my days are not complete without it. Half way to the office I knew that skipping coffee was good for my gut but brutal for my brain. I went to grab an americano and a gluten free baked thing. Yep. I did. It was good and ridiculously expensive. No comments or excuses here. My stomach hurts but it's bearable. It's a new kind of pain, tho. Like I am super super hungry but I am not. My blood work didn't come through, so I had to change appointment with my doctor.

Good stuff:

I've registered for new ballet term!

I've registered for more dancing classes. Cha-cha time - let's dance people! I used to dance salsa/bachata/all that stuff. After I moved downtown I couldn't find anything worth attending in my area. I am so glad to be back to these rhythms. Time to dig my ballroom shoes out.

Alix is taking us to the CF box this Sunday. I have to eat super carefully as I'd hate to miss it.

And last, but not least. It's Women Day in my country. It's a stat holiday there too! So I want to give all the beautiful, strong, motivated and supportive women of this community a shout. Hope your day will be amazing.

143-e1329321451304_zps15e87d76.jpg

Hey Nadia, have you tried digestive enzymes before every meal? Diane Sanfilippo has a protocol, I think? Basically you increase your dose until you get to the point that you feel warmth in your stomach, then back off by one tablet and take that amount before each meal. --could be worth a try, maybe? also maybe changing around to some proteins your body likes better, at least for the time being.

I want you to feel as good as I do! I hope it gets better. .

Hey Nadia, have you tried digestive enzymes before every meal? Diane Sanfilippo has a protocol, I think? Basically you increase your dose until you get to the point that you feel warmth in your stomach, then back off by one tablet and take that amount before each meal. --could be worth a try, maybe? also maybe changing around to some proteins your body likes better, at least for the time being.

I want you to feel as good as I do! I hope it gets better. .

Sweet MM :) I take them, yes, since I've started Whole30. I also take probiotics. And eat fermented food that my Dad makes.

I've posted same thing in reply to Renee (5 posts up). I think you are right and I came to the same conclusion about protein yesterday.

Day 66. Update.

Later today I

- Picked up new supplement for digestion that seems to be helping

- Bought kombucha for the first time (it settled my stomach right away or it's a placebo effect)

- Did my protein shopping at the market and took nice long walk home

- Had soup + lettuce/chicken/carrots/avocado + egg and didn't have wild nausea attack after

- Decided to grow my own herbs

- Went to the book store and read all about IBS/acid/paleo. Yes, I do that sometimes. ITWF is 10$ more expensive than on amazon, what? I wanted to buy a copy for my aunt (I am worried about my two lil cousins who eat canned crap every day). Moreover she said she tried two weeks without grains and sugar and didn't see any results. I want to encourage her to try again

CBE95C16-3065-4EAF-94EA-879F25D53A18-4800-000006D1B160BF94_zpse44aacd1.jpg

Day 66. Update

- Picked up new supplement for digestion that seems to be helping

- Bought kombucha for the first time (it settled my stomach right away or it's a placebo effect)

- Did my protein shopping at the market and took nice long walk home

- Had soup + lettuce/chicken/carrots/avocado + egg and didn't have wild nausea attack after

- Decided to grow my own herbs

An herb garden, outdoors or in the house? I'd love to have a big veggie and herb garden, but don't do bugs and dirt very well ;-/.

Day 67. Smelly day.

Woke up super early. Ate enoki/kale/onions + chorizo + scrambled eggs. Crawled back in bed and fell asleep :D

Went to the gym. Awesome workout. Note to self - I can do it on my own, since i need only weights. I finished last, but I was the only one in class who had 10lb dumbells and who did legit burpees/squats below parallel. Anywho, we did (feel like Im missing smth)1. Burpees-thrusters-walking lounges across the studio and back. 40/30/wl - 30/30/wl - 20/30/wl - 10/30/wl. My knees hate burpees. 2. 7 rounds 7 each. Box jumps-push ups- sit ups-burpees-jump squats. Sweat and tears. Done.

Went home for lunch: lamb sausage + leeks/carrots/onions/fennel. Whole sausage was too much. Light nausea.

Spent the rest if the day out since the weather wasinsanely good. Couldn't resist and got myself a present (belated women day lol). I love the name and packaging. I can't help but smelling my wrist, looks stupid. Wasn't good with timing and got hungry. Chewed down half of organic everything free chocolate bar. Itchy. I know I promised myself not to buy chocolate or sweet stuff. Sigh.

Had dinner: squash/tomato/beef + arugula/artichoke pesto/prosciutto. Saved half of "pasta" for later. Good girl. Got nausea. Brr. Drank half bottle kombucha. Tried GT brand this time - not a fan, but still did the job. Picked new tea on the way to Photography Fest opening. I am still light headed from all the smells, this place will "outsmell" Lush. You know.

Opening was boring, some good works tho. Cross Fit/cooking madness/spring cleaning tomorrow yay. Hope I won't die.

FD5DFFFA-9174-4584-82FC-9962889B7C1B-5549-000007CBF60C2AEE_zpsca9fbdb3.jpg

How's everyone?

Day 68/69.

Woke up tired and sore. Ate egg + lettuce/mustard/beef burger + cucumber + squash. Nausea. Super sleepy. Went back to bed. Little red dot on my ankle I've spotted yesterday grew and began to itch. Headache. No CF obviously. Went to my doctor and spent 3 hours at her office. Waiting mostly. I hate doctors here or I just haven't found a good one yet. Maybe that's why healthcare is free here, who would pay for this.

Went back home, ate lamb sausage + leftover spaghetti squash + kale + pumpkin puree. Cup of broth. Fell asleep right after, so weak. Slept 3 hours. Woke up because of the itching leg. There is a second rash there. To keep a company to the first one I guess. Couldn't eat or cook. Looking at food makes me sick. Ate some blueberries and strawberries. I think they are allergens too. Headache, nausea and rashes. Meltdown.

Today morning tummy hurts. Bloat. No eggs no coffee no nightshades no spices no coconut breakfast - half small can of salmon + kale + seaweed + cucumber. Black tea. Absolutely disgusting. Ate some organic pumpkin puree out of can. Pounding headache and all the rest of the usual came to the party too. I have tons of meat and veggies to cook but I can't. I have nothing cooked to eat, but that's ok, because I've never hated food so much. Arugula, second half of salmon + seaweed+ slice of avocado + cucumber for lunch. Blood test showed no infection and tells my doctor that I am perfectly healthy. Will go and beg my doctor to give me reference for a food allergies test. Again.

I am still very sore for no reason. Ironically enough "Paleo Coach" has just been delivered to my desk by mail room guy.

UPD to myself. Red face, itchy after lunch. Tummy hurts. Ankle is a size of tennis ball. I want to rip my skin off. Salmon or avocado? What else is out as per today? Forgot my supplements at home. F great. Ate prosciutto/avocado/bag of carrots (ouch) + 8oz Kombucha. Feel better. Got my referral to gastrointerologist and dermatologist.

:( I went through a phase like this too, a few years back. It's the worst. It feels like everything you eat makes you sick. You feel stuck and frustrated. Little by little, though, you inch your way out. You find the cause of symptom #1, and something that helps symptom #2, etc, and after a while you're feeling much better. Just keep drudging through it. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Day 69.

Thank you all for support, it's been a rough ride. I've read a lot about AIP, GAPS, SCD and all those diets out there. I went from shock from embracing the idea of eliminating that many products to anger to "suck it up" kind of mood. I take it as a mental and cooking challenge. As JS said in his book "It makes much more sense to get as healthy as possible on purpose while you get hot by accident". That's the plan, so here I am, back trying again.

Rolled up the sleeves and cooked my veal, livers, cod and salmon. Marinated chicken for tomorrow. I have 2 lb of beef, 1 lb of pork and lamb chops left. I have exciting recipes to try.

56486F62-0B71-484E-8423-8EA61305BE50-7275-00000B13478FB64E_zpsfa8dd9a0.jpg

Had dinner - oven braised radicchio with balsamic and garlic + veal/sundried tomatoes patties (sneakes one more after, so good, right out of the oven) + sliced fuzzy squash/roasted vegg sauce. Pumpkin puree. No nausea, just slight pain. Early to bed and day off tomorrow.

Day 70.

Day off day off day off! 9 hours sleep! Stomach hurts tho.

Breakfast: apple/squash/bacon/fuzzy squash hash + liver love (the only muffin thing I own, so tacky, good God). Very tasty. See egg here? Neither do I, so sad. I failed with giving up coffee and made one, got bloated right away.

2F115B0F-AE12-4B96-8931-F21DD14B78C7-7275-00000B1345FE42B2_zps07b6cf2a.jpg

Packed a little snack to go as I have two doctor appointments to go. Basil fish slider + lettuce/tomato/roasted vegg sauce + avocado slice. Got very hungry by 11:30 and ate it. Still hungry boooo. I blame egg-less breakfast.

346561BD-154A-4521-8A89-3778CD8AF2DA-7275-00000B1344B66E3D_zpsd4a47558.jpg

Archived