Sigh - W30 isn't happening this time

Martha

I have no one to blame but myself... this was my first attempt at the W30, I started on Jan. 17 and would say I did well for about 10 days. Then, it just got to be too much...

Downfalls:

- I work as a personal chef and also just launched a gluten-free baking business ... lots of tasting and testing involved

- daughter with eating disorder crying and getting hysterical at my new eating patterns

- husband begging me to stop because of daughter's hysteria and my own foul moods (I had plenty of foul moods pre-W30, too, it should be noted.)

- generally being overwhelmed, more so than ever, with demands of work, family and feeding myself while also feeding everyone else their usual crap

I still eat a Paleo diet (as I did pre-W30), but I am trying to be more relaxed about it for the sake of my family. Sigh.

i hope to try again soon, because I really do feel it's beneficial. I think a different approach (like not mentioning it to everyone I know) might work best for me... just not sure when ... thanks for your support. Martha

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Martha. I know how you feel with the family making it hard. My daughter hates the thought of me not sampling anything good she's eating but I tell her its only temporary and for her to go ahead and enjoy it for me. My husband thinks its all weird food lol. I've told a few friends and relatives and even though I tell them how great I'm feeling and the progress I'm making they say things like "well I don't think it'll hurt to have a little of this or a little of that"...I said that's where it starts....I have always told myself well a little piece of this won't hurt or a small piece of that is ok. It adds up fast. So yeah I get what you're saying about keeping it to yourself next time. I think people get jealous when someone else is trying to take steps to improve their health and they always have to find subtle ways to make you stop. I hope you are able to try again soon. I'm on day 9 and the past couple of days I fought with sticking with it but today is much better. Good luck.

Kim

Martha,

It says a lot that you started this thread to explain why you're ending your W30 early. You're not just disappearing, you're acknowledging what's up and communicating your decision.

You sound like someone who will indeed be doing a full Whole30 when the time is right for you.

Best regards,

Terez

Hi Martha, don't beat yourself up. I think you did awesome managing 10 days under those circumstances. As everyone has said there's time in the future you can start again when, hopefully things might be a little less stressful (sometimes that's wishful thinking I know). As you said, when people around you are negative sometimes it's easier just to keep things to yourself and make changes quietly. When people quiz me about why I'm not having something, I've found the 'not right now, maybe later' approach has avoided loads of arguments. good luck and be good to yourself.

Thank you all. I will be poping in (but not commenting) occasionally as I really enjoy this community and am so impressed with everyone's dedication and candidness (is that a word?). I'm sure you'll continue to motivate and inspire me, and I will let YOU (but no one else!) know when I start again. :)

Archived