Overnight apple breakfast cobbler

reinaballerina

The recipe is Whole30 legal, yes. However, this will come down to your relationship with your food. If I were to have this, my brain would turn into a zombie going after dessert. This also definitely isn't to be used as a meal - it would cover almost a serving of fat and more than enough fruit, but is lacking in protein and veggies. So this could be a small part of a meal, but I'd recommend you be cautious so it doesn't get your sugar dragon up and ready to go. If you're looking for ways to use up some apples, these recipes are more balanced (meat, fat, veggies, and fruit) and less dessert-y:

http://fastpaleo.com/turkey-burgers-with-apple-buns/

http://whatthisfoodieeats.com/2012/06/03/sweet-potato-apple-sausage-and-egg-hash/

I'm eating both of those this week. If you do make the cobbler and realize that it's too SWYPO (sex with your pants on - generally refers to a paleo-ified version of a junk food that you have a bad relationship with), then don't make it again and try to reset your relationship with your food. This is something I'm still learning, almost two weeks into my Whole30.

Trader Joe's sells (or at least sold) an alcohol free vanilla extract. There are some other brands as well like Frontier. Just make sure that you refrigerate it after opening.

That said, for me this dish would be a nice side dish but I've never really liked apple pie or anything like that so it wouldn't trigger "dessert." But for many people this is totally not in the spirit of Whole30, so be honest with yourself on whether it would bring up cravings, or unhealthy feelings for you.

Uhhhh.... For me, It's dessert :( I have choosen to eat fruit as a condiment.... Few slices of apple/ orange on a salad, maybe a sprinkle of raisins in a chicken salad etc.... Eating the apple cobbler or something like that would make me push a lot of veg of my plate....

Looks good though.....

Archived