Is potassium metabisulphite ok in coconut water??

Star

I just bought coconut water, all i found was with the following ingredients: Coconut liquid, water, and potassium metabisulphite.

IS THAT COMPLIANT? (Please say yes :mellow:) I saw somewhere that it isn't advised but is it ALLOWED?

Ok, now drinking coconut water is not recommended as a regular beverage because it's a bit like drinking fruit juice. However although some brands are pure coconut water Vita Coco plain does have added fruit sugar. I very much suspect this would rule it out. Here's what I learned from their website

Why does Vita Coco add natural fruit sugar?

Vita Coco's non-flavored coconut water beverage now includes “less than 1% natural fruit sugar†on its ingredient list. (Note that this does not apply to Vita Coco's flavored beverages.) This addition enables Vita Coco to standardize the sweetness level of its beverages regardless of harvest, time of year, or country of origin. Depending on the sweetness of a harvest, Vita Coco adjusts the sugar level in the packaged beverage to ensure consistency of sweetness. Taste may continue to vary slightly as Vita Coco is a natural beverage made from coconuts sourced from around the world. The fruit sugar added to Vita Coco's non-flavored coconut water is natural and derived from fruit such as pears and apples. Vita Coco does not use corn-derived sugars.

• 7 months later...

I'm on the day 6 of the whole30 program and yesterday i drank coconut water but it was natural, fresh out of the nut. Anyway its quite sweet as any other juice but it also has many benefits, here's some info concerning coconut water ingredients.

If you are going to have coconut water, this is the best way to do it... just don't OVERdo it!

Archived