Seana's Whole30 #2

Seana H

I am jumping back in right away for a Whole30 #2. Can't call it a Whole60 :(:angry: since I finished my 1st Whole30 this past Saturday and proceeded to experience a train wreck that night. What was going to be 1 glass of wine turned into 3, along with total emotional eating of pizza. Felt like crap the next day and I don't want to feel that way again!!!

First Whole30 was an awesome, awarding experience: lost 9lbs, 2" off jelly belly, 1 inch off each thigh, 1 inch off both arms, clothes fitting much better (actually buttoned a pair of pants I couldn't get into for the past year!), immense energy and I found the patience I have been yearning for to handle my 6 year old and 9 year old. Learned to cook and prepare in advance, pack my meals each day and handle eating out with my family all the time. Was able to make my family treats like brownies without even wanting to lick the bowl.

What would I change? I think I was letting little bits of sugar in through bacon and some other minor choices, want to manage my protein vs "good" fat ratio for meals. But the biggie - must excercise more. The freezing temps killed my morning runs/walks with pals and I was just plain lazy since I hate excercising and it is the first thing that get thrown out of my schedule when I'm busy.

Even though I wasn't proud of my weekend lapse - it taught me that as much as I crave and adore my nightly glass (or 2) of wine, it is not my friend. So I will have to continue to beat up the Chardonnay dragon sitting on my couch every night at 8pm.

To anyone out there that starting a Whole30 on Feb 4 - I'll start a new thread to find a group of buddies to stick together!

I started my second Whole30 yesterday too! I finished my first January 31st and proceeded to eat every piece of junk food in sight. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and do it right this time. I'm actually doing a Whole5 this week, then going on a trip for Mardi Gras this coming weekend, then starting a Whole60 as soon as I get back. I would love to be in a support forum/group!

I am starting again today. Had begun a few days ago bug then ended up binging on crackers when I was up with my sick daughter the other night. I felt so horrible yesterday that I didn't eat all 3 meals so I am calling today my new Day 1. I think it's fantastic that you completed a Whole30, and your mindset about learning from your offroading will serve you well. I have yet to accomplish a Whole30 but I have learned a lot about myself through all my attempts. Because my husband is now transitioning to a GF diet (better than nothing!) I am more hopeful than ever that I can do this!

Way to go, Seana -- love that you're picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting right back on the horse!

I had 3+ months of Primal where I allowed myself dairy, wine and 90% dark chocolate -- and "lazy" meals of almond butter and apples. The Whole30 wasn't a very drastic step for me, and I think that made it easier for me when I came off it. And I had greatly reduced my wine consumption in those three months.

Anyway, I'm post-W30 (carefully!) and still hanging around the forum.

Cheering you on!

Terez

Archived