Starchy carbs & fat will be right for me? PreWO - PostWO.

399kh

Hi there! This is my Day 2. Yay! But I'm still a little bit confused about Pre and Post Workout meals. As I've been following the Zone Diet for the last 2.5 years, I'm still very used to count blocks and grams and not to eat starchy carbs. I've heard that on Whole30 sweet potato is allowed. But I'm very afraid that it would be too much for me. Please help me!

As a PreWO I've been eating 1 egg + 6 cashews or 1 tbs of avocado. Is that right?

As I workout around 8-9:30 am my PostWO is also my breakfast; I ate 2 eggs + 1/2 cup mushrooms + 1/2 cup carrot + 1/4 green apple. Should I add fat?

By the way, I'm 29, 5'6", 141 lbs - willing to lose around 15-17 lbs and decrease body fat. Last time I checked it was 25%

I take Les Mills classes (BodyCombat, PowerJump, BodyPump, CrossFit/CXWorx, etc) 60 mins. class per day, 6 days a week & run on the treadmill 1.8-2 miles 2-3 times a week.

Thank you very much!

Oh, I almost forgot: I used to be vegetarian since I was 18 years old. Three years ago I started to eat fish & seafood, and since doing Zone Diet I added eggs as my mainly source of protein; no chicken, turkey, pork, etc. You can imagine I'm finding hard to quit vanilla/chocolate flavored protein powder.

• Moderators

Please review the meal template for guidance about what to eat and how much to eat... http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Post-workout meals should include lean protein and no fat. Carbs are optional. In addition, you need to eat an extra meal when you workout, so counting your post-workout meal as breakfast and only eating two more meals would mean you are not eating enough.

Archived