Your favorite tea

Chai tea is by far my favorite. I also love ginger green tea. I drink Celestial's sleepytime tea on occassion. If you really miss your coffee, I would recommend buying a breakfast blend, they're very light and then brewing it weak. If you're using a conventional coffee pot I would use 1 T. per 2 cups. This is what I did to start drinking it black. Also I liked drinking A LOT of coffee so I would make it weak to enjoy the flavor but not get the jitters. Good luck!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Oolong Tea. I quit coffee a while ago. I started feeling really toxic and just felt better not drinking it (which is crazy for me because I was a faithful coffee drinker). Now I drink Oolong in the morning and starting today I'm stopping drinking any caffeinated tea from 1pm on to help me sleep better.

Free the tea! Loose leaf is the way to go. No guessing what's in it either. But go organic when possible.

If you've got an herbal/alternative medicine store in your area, they'll hook you up. Or just go online. Egyptian Chamomile is the best. I also like lemon grass, lemon balm and licorice root (good for the throat), Rooibois is also satisfying too.

Chinese and Japanese green and oolong tea are my picks. Iron Goddess and Gyokuro/Matcha are my favorites right now.

For the coffee fiends, I suggest yerba mate (that's what I'm drinking atm, it's great when made with a French press), matcha tea and roasted carob tea.

I was convinced I couldn't do black coffee, which is why I half-did a whole30 in the summer. I lost weight, but really didn't see many body changes like I am now. Anyway, this time I'm 100% compliant and 7 days in. A quality coffee can be GOOD black. I also add coconut milk on occasion which is very, very good. And I used to have my coffees almost like dessert with truvia and creamer!

My favorite tea is the spicy chili, but I also like plain tea with lemon. It's better than I would have given it credit for a week ago!

The Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea IS good! SO good! It's crazy. I bet I have 25 teas in my pantry (no joke) from buying them all and not liking any of them without stevia! BUT that one is good along with TAZO wild orange and passion fruit. Yay for good teas! I also have come to love my coffee whipped with some coconut milk and that's all. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO amazed and excited! I'm on day 25 and I feel like I'm jsut gonna KEEP-THIS-UP! Whoop- whoop!

I have a question. I drink plenty of herbal tea and love them. But I need black tea on occasion and have always drunk it with milk. I've seen suggestions of drinking coffee with coconut cream, does anyone have suggestions of what I can use with tea?

• 2 weeks later...

So annoyed today. I was walking through the mall and there was a new tea store. I was offered a sample and accepted. It was a chai tea. I took one sip and immediately asked if it had been sweetened. It was. First time, since starting W30 I had something that I didn't prepare, and it has sweetener in it! As it was just a sip, I don't think I need to start over again, but I wanted to post here, so that others don't make the same mistake I did. Always remember to ask before trying!

You're right, you don't need to start over for one accidental sip but isn't it amazing how food manufacturers/providers seem to assume we need everything sweetened. It's one of my pet peeves. Well done on spotting it right away.

I have discovered trader joe's ruby red chai tea. Also Republic of Tea's hot apple cider tea is delicious.

It's funny. I thought I couldn't drink my coffee black, but two summers ago I switched to milk only (used to be a 2-Splenda girl, then a one-Splenda girl), so the transition to black was not too difficult. And I seem to drink it faster when it's black so maybe it doesn't bother me as much as the dairy in coffee did?

• 3 years later...

I've enjoyed the Celestial Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea.   It seems compliant with the Whole30 program....

Ingredients: Cinnamon, hibiscus, chamomile, natural cinnamon and apple flavors with other natural flavors, roasted chicory, orange peel and roasted carob

Let me know if ya'll disagree

On 3/3/2013 at 6:08 AM, Betsy Mahaffey See said:

My favorite tea is from www.harney.com. It's the hot cinnamon spice. I buy it loose and it's fantastic. It has a blend of black teas, 3 types of cinnamon, orange peel and sweet cloves.

Do you know if the sweet cloves are compliant? I love this tea as well and I need to know if they are.....I thought I found information that said they are a legume :(

Cloves are just a spice and are fine. Never heard of "sweet" cloves, so i don't know if that is something else or just marketing. ("Sweet" beets are just beets, for instance.) Sweet clover appears to be a different plant entirely and may be in the legume range., maybe you came across something about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Aveda comforting tea 

http://m.aveda.com/product/5210/17081/body/tea/aveda-comforting-tea-bags?cm_mmc=Paid_Search-_-Google-_-Misc.

or a cheaper version is the Yogi Egyptian Licorice for an everyday tea.

In the mornings instead of our beloved coffee my husband and I love Twinnings Lady Grey Tea. Naturally sweet and citrusy black tea with caffeine! Similar to an Earl Grey but in my opinion much better and sweeter (not bitter). 

https://www.amazon.com/Twinings-Black-Lady-Count-Bagged/dp/B000F4F94S

On 3/10/2013 at 6:36 PM, chick256 said:

I have a question. I drink plenty of herbal tea and love them. But I need black tea on occasion and have always drunk it with milk. I've seen suggestions of drinking coffee with coconut cream, does anyone have suggestions of what I can use with tea?

Try Twinnings Lady Grey-- it's an awesome black tea that can be happily drunk black (no milk etc)! 

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2017 at 12:02 PM, vs_shine said:

I've enjoyed the Celestial Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea.   It seems compliant with the Whole30 program....

Ingredients: Cinnamon, hibiscus, chamomile, natural cinnamon and apple flavors with other natural flavors, roasted chicory, orange peel and roasted carob

Let me know if ya'll disagree

I have the same question too. Does anyone know 

Archived