My Story

The Bex Factor

I'm late introducing myself. I'm just finishing up day 8.

I'm a new mom to an almost four month old boy. I was mostly a healthy eater before I became pregnant but let the cravings get the best of me and my eating habits got a bit sloppy. I've always been interested with Paleo and figure now is the time to try it out. Hoping to gain back my good eating habits, maybe drop a bit of the baby weight and see if it calms some digestive problems I've been having.

I'm exclusively pumping to give my baby breast milk and worry about supply issues. My first week I think I wasn't eating enough and noticed a dip in supply. This week I am focusing on eating 4-5 meals instead of 3 and making sure I get enough fat.

So far I don't really feel any different.

I will be doing weekly posts about my journey with Whole 30 on my blog if anyone is interested in following along www.thebexfactor.com

Hi digestive issues were one of the reasons I started W30. It took a while to settle but has been much better ever since. I know nothing about breastfeeding but have noticed that most breastfeeding mums on here need to eat 4- 5 meals rather thn the usual 3 so good for you, yes keep up the fats (and the sweet potatoes :) ) good luck.

Bex Factor - kudos to you for taking on the W30 (& crossfit!) with a 4 month child! I have a 2 year & a just turned 1 year old & work full time so found my W30 (it's day 31 :)) a bit of a challenge time wise but so worth it. I wish I had learned about it while breastfeeding / pumping because I was always so incredibly hungry. The W30 is a great way to fuel (& fill!) your body with good wholesome food that is so beneficial to baby & yet not leave you feeling deprived as you try to shed a few lbs of baby weight.

Good on you for doing your best to give your baby breastmilk. I have both breastfed & exclusive pumped & while neither is easy, exclusively pumping is so incredibly demanding that it may have been the singlemost difficult thing I've ever done. The Whole30 is a breeze in comparison. You'll do great! :)

Good luck! I will definitely check in on your blog.

Archived