Late night Sugar Cravings

Avalindy

hi all

I'm a noob and I've had a look around the forum but can't find anything on this, so i'm just hoping i can get a little help with late night sugar cravings.

Some time after 10pm everynight I've been having EPIC sugar cravings. Anyone else have this issue or know of a way to combat it?

thanks!

Definitely agree with Tom, make sure you eat enough to feel full and satisfied, even if your portions look or seem too big initially, go with your stomach (to this day I'm a little shocked by how much I eat..but I've lost 12lbs in 3 months and my body's loving it).

Also, invest in some flavorful/ nicely scented teas (watch out for the soy lecithin though! it's all up in teas) and drink them on the reg to let your brain have a little sweet satisfaction here and there.

But really, if it's cravings and not actual hunger which is a different problem with other solutions, drink a glass of water and go to bed!

I have the EXACT same thing and it's been my downfall for the past 2.5 years! The only way I can really get past these cravings is to go to sleep (I tend to fail on the nights when my kids don't let me). If at all possible, try to get to sleep early for a few nights and it can really help break the habit.

My sleep pattern of late has been a bit out of whack so that could be it. And I'll try and eat a bit more. Yesterday I was hungry ALL the time! so I ate quite a bit more and before I knew it, it was past 10pm and I wasnt craving sugar!!

I think I've also been partially been watching portion sizes, which is a bad habbit from previous weight loss programs, but could also be that i'm not eating enough because of it.

thanks all! Really appreciate the advice :)

Archived