Rice

mlambro2

Hi,

My name is Marisa Lambropoulos- I'm a tennis coach at the University of Oklahoma. I've always played tennis and trained at a very high level. I did a whole 30 in November of 2011, and have tried to follow it ever since.

Before starting the whole30 I rarely ate sweets, and it was a very rare occasion that I craved them. I made it through the 30 days and felt unbelievable and knew this was something that was going to stay part of my lifestyle. The only problem I faced was that I was all of a sudden craving sweets like crazy. I thought maybe I wasn't including enough fats in my diet, so I raised my fat intake, but still couldn't get rid of the cravings.

What I've recently been doing (for the last month or so), is following a primal breakfast and lunch and then including rice into my dinner. Everything else is completely primal besides the side of rice I have at dinner. I feel just as good as I did when I was 100% primal, and my sugar cravings are gone.

My question is has anyone experienced something like this-and know what the reason behind it could be?

Marisa, if you dropped your carbohydrate intake significantly when you did your first W30, and didn't replace them with compliant carb sources, your cravings for sweets are your brain's way of telling you that you need more glucose.

Rice gives your body what it wants, in a "less healthy" package (cause it's a grain and stuff).

So no, this isn't really surprising.

Archived