Whole 30 number 4

clucido

Today I am starting my second attempt at my fourth whole 30. I tried starting out the new year with a whole 30 but had to stop it because it was mentally affecting me. This is going to be my first true whole30 (even though I have successfully completed 3 and a few 15 day ones) because I am finally giving up my scale. I am too weight obsessed. I feel like I have finally come to terms with the need to give up my scale. All of my other whole30's I've weighed myself throughout (yes I know that is "illegal"), but my last attempt in January I was completly obsessed with the scale. The number I saw in the mornings would dictate how the rest of my day would be. I got really upset and obsessive and realized I needed to take a break and step away.

I miss the feeling I have when I am doing a whole 30, where my bloating is gone and I just feel "good". So today I start my real first offical whole30 because I am giving up my scale. I've counted out the days and found that the day after I finish this whole30 will be my 25th birthday, which I'm looking forward to looking and feeling great for that day.

Welcome back. It's hard giving up the scale when it's been a part of our life but it really is liberating when we manage it. As you say the number dictates how you feel and act the rest of the day. A true W30 is all about nourishing your body, listening to it and giving it what it needs rather than what the scale dictates. I wish you all the best with this. We are so much more than a number, good luck

Archived