Day 23 Slump

I was so excited this morning because I'm on day 23 so I've started my 1 week countdown, but man am I in a slump today!

I went to the gym last night for the first time in a while and did 45 minutes on the eliptical. I had a good, compliant dinner and went to bed about an hour earlier than usual.

In the morning I usually have eggs, salsa and avocado with hot tea for breakfast but my avocado was over ripe so I skipped it. I was so tired I opted for coffee with coconut milk instead of tea and figured that would be my fat.

For lunch I had some grilled chicken and steamed veggies with coconut milk and a banana.

Now it's 4:00, I'm craving a snack even though I'm not hungry and I could fall asleep at my desk! I want to go for a walk, but it is really cold outside.

This is one of the worst W30 days I've had. one of the things I have loved about this plan is that I really hadn't had much trouble with cravings and I have had sustained energy. What is wrong with today!? Seriously. I want a cookie and a nap right now. SUCKS! Is it normal to have such a bad day this late in the game? What gives, body?

Well, I had an apple with cashew butter while I fixed dinner and I made it to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will ge better. I think it was the combo of the gym last night since I hadn't been in over a week, and being light on fat for breakfast. Only 7 days to go!

Interesting! That's exactly where I melted down on my first W30. It sounds like you did all you could do and got through it. It caught me totally off guard because I had such as easy time to that point. I now chalk it off to my body "testing me" to see if I mean it. Kind of like a toddler who gets on the right track and then reverts for a day or two. Just to be sure. Just laugh at your silly brain, for thinking it can derail you so easily. NO WAY! I'm sure you will be back on track in a day or two. Fake it till you make it, as they say.

And I'm going to look back at this in another week when it happens to me!

Onward!

Yep my first W30 day 23 was a killer too. I craved things I'd never in my life even fancied before. I felt irritable, tired and in a 'whose bright idea was this anyway' mood. fortunately,it passed and I've never felt like that since. good luck

Hi everyone,

I am on Day 17 today and I have been feeling off and on sadness, slight depression since Day 12. Is this the result of low seratonin maybe? Since I'm not eating as many carbs as I have all of my life I'm just wondering. I wonder if its my brain wanting me to comfort myself with sugar and carbs but havent had cravings per se for that. I've included a small sweet potato at breakfast with my eggs and ham to see if that helps. I know I need to increase my activity. Right now my exercise is a personal training class with weights and boxing once a week and I walk my dogs 3 times a day---not a heart pounding walk---just about 1-2 miles total each day. I am female and weigh 170 lbs.

Any suggestion? I don't want to throw in the towel. I did experience a nice bout of happiness and energy when I first started by about day 4 or 5....wish I had that feeling back now :)

Thanks for any advice,

Annie

Day 25 - Return of the Slump!

I felt better yesterday. I went to the gym after work and did 50min on the eliptical. I had steak and roasted vegetables for dinner. I went to bed at 9:30 and was asleep before 10. I woke up once and went to the batheroom, but didn't have trouble falling back to sleep. I slept in till 7. I had 2 hard boiled eggs, some avocado, raw carrots, a banana and hot tea for breakfast. Just had Chipotle bowl with carnitas, salsa, guac and lettuce for lunch.

I feel like I need a NAP! After over 9 hours of sleep last night. And, as an added bonus my pants feel tighter. Am I not supposed to be getting tiger blood at this point?

Annie-

Did the added sweet potato help you? If your diet was carb-heavy before, you may just need to add in a bit more starchy veg to get to a comfortable place.

Marci- Chipotle does it to me everything time. Just doesn't sit well, makes me bloated and uncomfortable.

Do either of you ladies have a food log we could look at to help you potentially work through the slump?

Wow I've had the worst day today (day 22) and I thought I'd distract myself from feeling miserable by checking out these forums. I've been teary and super emotional for no reason all day today, and nearly caved twice because I really can't see what the point of all this effort is, I just need some chocolate, pronto!

Ah but now that I read these posts and find that day 23 (or so) seems to be a common point to have a slump-day, I can ride it out. Here's to a better day 24 - and onwards!

• 2 years later...

Archived