Cheryl J.'s Post-Whole30 Log

Cheryl J.

Cool! I can keep truckin' here!

Whole30 #2 100, Day 1, 2.5.13:

Meal 1: canned salmon, almond butter, raw sauerkraut, unsweetened tea flavored with berry juice, coffee

I thought about the events that could come up in the next 30 days and realized that this might be more "Whole30-ish" than strict: I have stage fright, and in order to manage it I take a glass or two of red wine. However, if that's the only exception to the program, then I won't be doing too badly.

Meal 2: canned chicken, almond butter, tea

Meal 3: coffee, vegetable curry w/ chicken, raw sauerkraut, almond butter

Bedtime: Natural Calm, a little more almond butter, and Sleepytime Extra tea

Tired by the evening today -- don't know if it's b/c I've restarted low-carb or not... seems too soon to feel this tired.

Whole100, Day 2, 2.6.13:

Meal 1: canned chicken, vegetable curry, coffee, unsweetened tea, almond butter, raw sauerkraut

"Pre-Performance" copa: Corona (and so that makes this a Whole101)

Meal 2: same as above, no coffee (was beginning to get headache), meticulously picked the baby corn out of the curry and was becoming quite P.O.ed about it

O.K., wait a minute... I was reading the posts over on the "100 Days of Awesome" group, and I think I might not be able to post if I'm going to include "transgressions" (even if beer/wine are the ONLY ones). Need to give the replies over there some thought...

Edit: Just posted in the "100 Days of Awesome" group with an explanation and decided, nope, not Day #2. I'm going to figure out the days on which I might like to have a glass of wine, break up the 100 days into those periods, and exclude the potential wine-drinking days, which means I'm starting over tomorrow. It's not a perfect Whole100, but it will be very, very close.

Meal 3: coffee, vegetable curry (damn that baby corn! :angry: ), almond butter (beginning to become a crutch :unsure: ), unsweetened tea, 4 clementines

Meal 4: chicken apple sausage w/ raw sauerkraut

Before Bed: almond butter, Sleepytime Extra tea, Natural Calm

Hey Cheryl, with the title indicating a post whole30, you can add anything into,your log and highlight non whole30 items and list wine and do whatever suits you... Whole9 created this section especially for this.... If you know in advance how many days you are going to do or can commit to a minimum then you can create a log for that in the whole30 section. But if you want flexibility to go as long as it ends up then I reckon this is a good place

Hey Cheryl, with the title indicating a post whole30, you can add anything into,your log and highlight non whole30 items and list wine and do whatever suits you... Whole9 created this section especially for this.... If you know in advance how many days you are going to do or can commit to a minimum then you can create a log for that in the whole30 section. But if you want flexibility to go as long as it ends up then I reckon this is a good place

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this forum! I'll keep journalling here, do something like a "broken" W100, with wine being the only off-plan item. By the end of it, I suspect I'll have gained much more clarity about my relationship with wine (and alcohol in general :ph34r: ).

Best,

Cheryl

Just got a comparatively small stash at Whole Foods for a comparatively good deal of money. Lots of canned stuff 'cause I currently don't have access to an oven or stove-top:

Protein:

canned wild-caught pink salmon

canned diced tomatoes

canned chicken breast meat

canned mussels

chicken and apple sausages

Vegetables:

frozen veggies (California, Mediterranean, Southwestern blend)

Fats:

almond butter

coconut milk

guacamole

Cultured Foods:

raw sauerkraut

Fruit:

bananas

Condiments:

green curry paste

pico de gallo

2.7.13, Day 1:

Meal 1: chicken apple sausage w/ raw sauerkraut, mussels in coconut milk and curry paste, unsweetened tea flavored w/ berry juice

For the rest of the day: chicken, guac, pico, sausage, 'kraut, coconut milk, curry paste, veggies (broc, caul, carrots), more coffee, more unsweetened tea, banana, too much almond butter, Sleepytime tea, Natural Calm

2.8.13, Day 2:

Meal 1: banana w/ almond butter, California blend veggies w/ coconut milk and green curry paste, chicken apple sausage

Meal 3-ish: diced tomatoes, coconut milk, chicken, green curry paste; 2nd bowl w/ sausage -- delish!

Might not post meal-by-meal, since everything I'm going to eat this week is posted above.

• 4 months later...

7.4.13: It's been a long time since I've posted, and I have been sliding up and down the slippery pole of healthy eating in the meantime, but I think I can say I've become fully comfortable with Paleo eating over the course of the year. Since mid-June (after I moved), I've been eating game meats (elk, venison, wild boar), good quality eggs, Brussels sprouts, white rice, and coconut oil, and drinking lots of decaf coffee and green tea with powdered stevia. When I ran out of the rice and the stevia I decided not to buy any more, and with those things cut out, and if I continue eating the other things (the game meat and the Brussels sprouts), I'll be pretty close to W30 eating, with the exception of some milk in my coffee every now and then. 

Meal 1:

3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil

Brussels sprouts

decaf green tea w/ cinnamon stick 

decaf coffee w/ organic whole milk & cinnamon

Meal 2 and onward:

brownies... lots of brownies, which brought on stomach pains and brain fog... and then white wine. Felt like garbage at the end of the day.

7.6.13: Almost ready for a 2nd W30.

Meal 1:

organic whole milk

3 scrambled eggs flavored w/ dill, apple cider vinegar, salt, & pepper

2 cups decaf coffee w/ cinnamon

Snack:

brow, wilted raw kale, dressed w/ coconut oil, ground mustard, chili powder, apple cider vinegar, salt, & pepper

cup of decaf green tea w/ cinnamon stick

Exercise: 90 to 110-min. bike ride along Cabrillo Beach

"Aperitif": a coffee cocktail including brandy, creme de cacao, Kahlua, & whipped cream (definitely was not ready for a 2nd W30 today) 

Meals 2 & 3:

2 plates (!) of ground wild boar cooked in coconut oil

guacamole: mashed avocado flavored w/ apple cider vinegar, coriander, ground mustard, salt, & pepper (yum!)

pico de gallo (pre-made, but without off-plan ingredients)

Dessert:

whipped coconut milk

(too many) fresh raspberries

cinnamon

ground coffee

chia seeds

Meal 1: blended together:

2 over-ripe bananas

coconut milk

raspberries

cinnamon

chia seeds, then...

ground wild boar, flavored w/ poultry seasoning & apple cider vinegar

pico de gallo

decaf coffee, black, and then w/ coconut milk

Meals 2 & 3: 

more ground wild boar

more pico

avocados?

coconut milk

raspberries

Splenda

7.8.13: A good food day.

Meal 1:

3 scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, flavored w/ dill, coconut milk, salt, pepper

avocado

decaf black coffee

apple

more (caffeinated) black coffee

Snack: 2nd apple

Snack 2: 

banana

decaf black coffee w/ cinnamon & chocolate powder (unsweetened cocoa, I think)

Meal 2:

3 scrambled eggs, flavored w/ coconut milk, etc.

avocado

Dessert:

raspberries

coconut milk

cinnamon 

chia seeds

7.9.13: NOT a good food day

Meal 1:

0.38 lb. of roast beef w/ seasoning including evaporated cane juice crystalsdextrose silicon dioxide, & "spices"

caffeinated black coffee

Snack:

2 Lara-bars, carrot cake and pecan pie flavors (sugar bomb)

unsweetened Tea's Tea green tea (with ascorbic acid [Vitamin C])

Meal 2:

2 avocados w/ salt & apple cider vinegar

Meal 3:

3 scrambled eggs w/ dill, salt, pepper, & apple cider vinegar cooked in coconut oil

sliced avocado

1/2 lb. or so of grass-fed ground beef -- charred, ashy black :(

Dessert:

3 strawberries

3 glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon

7.10.13: almost a good food day

Meal 1:

1/2 lb. or less of charred, blackened ground beef w/ salt

3 eggs, scrambled in microwave, w/ dill, salt, & pepper

2 cups of decaf coffee w/ coconut milk & ground cinnamon

Meal 2: 

2 hard-boiled eggs, flavored w/ salt, pepper, & dill

coffee & hot chocolate combo

Meal 3: 

2 hard-boiled eggs, flavored w/ salt, pepper, & dill

raspberries, strawberries, & coconut milk

7.11.13: NOT a good food day

Meal 1:

2 hard-boiled eggs

Mid-day Drink:

coffee & hot chocolate combo

Meal 2:

4 deviled eggs

tortilla chips

bun w/ hamburger

Heinz ketchup

beer

white wine

4 lemon sugar cookies

potato salad

Late-night Snack:

Brussels sprouts

cauliflower

decaf coffee w/ coconut milk & ground cinnamon

7.12.13: NOT a good food day

Meal 1:

Brussels sprouts

cauliflower

salt & pepper

melted coconut oil

2 cups decaf coffee w/ coconut oil & ground cinnamon

Snack 1:

Banana Bread Lara-bar

caffeinated black coffee

1/4 lb. or so of pre-packaged sliced turkey (no off-plan ingredients this time)

Snack 2:

fruit & yogurt parfait w/ almond granola (sugar)

Snack 3:

dried fruit & almonds from Starbucks (added sugar in dried fruit)

caffeinated black coffee

Meal 2:

Brussels sprouts

cauliflower

salt & pepper

melted coconut oil

*I'm considering re-starting Tim Ferriss's Slow-Carb Diet via Lift, which eliminates fruit but allows legumes, and includes a "cheat day." I'm also considering eating less meat & more legumes to test the latter's impact on my health. 

• 9 months later...

4.24.14:

Meal 1: "salmon curry":

canned wild-caught salmon

canned coconut milk

turmeric (spice)

cayenne pepper

black pepper

sea salt

canned carrots

baked broccoli

apple cider vinegar

caramel iced coffee

Snack: 

Evolution Harvest fruit & nut bar (ingredients: pumpkin seeds, brown rice syrup, almonds, raisins, organic agave syrup, cranberries, pineapple juice concentrate, ground almonds, flax seed, organic brown rice flour, sea salt, sunflower oil

black coffee w/ cinnamon & nutmeg

• 1 month later...

6.4.14:

canned salmon w/ sea salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar, and chopped onion

iced black tea, no sweetener

Greek yogurt w/ blueberry preserves

Kind fruit & nut bar (offending ingredients: sugarvegetable glycerine, citrus pectin, honey, non-GMO glucose, rice, vanilla extract, soy lecithin, sunflower oil)

Archived