Stomachaches on day 4??

Star

Hey anyone out there who may have advice or info 4 me!!

I am mid-day 4, eating balanced meals with a good protein and vegies-either salad or pumpkin, plus avo, some nuts....

All pretty regular but here's the prob: MY STOMACHE IS RLLY HURTING! and i'm feeling nauseous a lot of the time.

Otherwise, I'm a little low energy, but mainly...i just feel off!! And slept rlly badly last night.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR EXPLANATIONS???? Thanks 4 the support ;)

It could be a few things. Maybe be a little more specific with your foods?

Personally, nuts give me a stomachache. I can't eat them.

As for the poor sleep and feeling "off" -- it can take a few days to get your body into the swing of things as it adjusts. Hang in there!

Hey Jeepifer,

Thanks for taking the time to reply:) Having all U guys on the forum is wat keeps me goin! Otherwise I think I'd have quit already. I'm kinda thinking that all this 'real' food-like eggs n salmon n chicken at 3 meals a day is a bit heavy on me!

And yeh it could b nuts...

Guess i'll stick it out and see!

• Moderators

I didn't feel right for at least a week, probably starting around day 4, with most symptoms being an upset/troubled stomach. If the Whole30 menu is very different from what you ate before, it can take some time for your gut to adjust.

We develop the colonies of gut bacteria we have in response to the foods we eat. If your previous diet contained a lot of grains or legumes, and not much produce, your system is colonized with the bacteria needed to digest those things. A large change away from that means you have all these grain- and legume-digesting bacteria with nothing to do, and not enough veggie bacteria to handle the load. It can take a little while to adjust. The more you feed the veggie bacs, the more they will populate your gut. The more you starve the other kinds, the more they die off. It can take a week or two.

But I agree, nuts might be part of your problem. Many people have trouble with those. You may want to ease up on them, at least until you get the rest of your digestion rebalanced. They can be one of the hardest things to digest, particularly if you are already stressing your system rebalancing other things.

Archived