Habits...

Tony Purdy

Started day one on the 4th. Going good until two of my best buddies text last night and said they were meeting at our favorite restaurant for dinner and cocktails. Ask me to join them. That's when the is this worth it musings started. The psychological part of this is much worse than the physical...just a thought.

Oh Tony, you are so right. They say habit is actually harder to break than addiction. I know so early in my first W30, I couldn't have gone. My willpower wouldn't have been strong enough :) . I tried to avoid situations where I knew I'd be tempted until I was far enough into it that this way of eating was now a habit. The good news is that habits can change. Now an invite like that wouldn't bother me because I'm so happy with the way I eat now. . Good luck

It definitely does get easier. And, when I'm not Whole30ing, I defintiely am not 100% compliant, but I feel like I can make deliberate choices about when and when not to off road. For a favorite restaurant, I might. At a steakhouse I love but that has lots of compliant choices? I probably wouldn't do much off roading except maybe a glass of wine.

It is hard to change those habits, but I feel so competent and control when I order in restaurants now, and it's great. So, it's worth it to soldier on, is all I'm saying.

Hang in there Tony. I'm on day 22 and I thought I was home free on the mental stuff, then my neighbor decided to remember he is a trained chef and brings me over all this amazing smelling food I can't have. Everyday he forgets I'm doing this and brings me yummies I will spare you the description of. The good news is that by day 22 NO jumps out of my mouth immediately. I distract myself to get past that mental anguish. It goes away faster now to. :)

Archived