Amy's whole30 log

bridgesgirl

Here is my log, it is day 1. I am excited to start today because I was going to wait for the begining of a week or month or after this or that. But what am I waiting for? I can't live the way I have anymore. I'm eatting chocolate like it is twinkies going out of business. I justify what I eat and work out like crazy but the weight just packs on. Day one, ready to clean out my body and just say no to whatever comes up that isn't on plan. No justifications, just the plan.

I went and got more food, I don't know if to make me feel better but I don't have the energy to make any of it. I'm trying to wait for dinner but OMG, I am just SO hungry. Irritibility is starting. I know it will pass and in a few days will be getting better but it is hard. Now I used that word! I can remember reading what got me, cancer is hard, this is not. I can do this. Maybe it's salad time.

I felt like I was needing help so I signed up for the daily emails. It already helps even though it's day 0 and I already started today. Oh well, good to go. SO here are my goals:

Get off my dependancy on Sugar, Carbs and Diet Pepsi. Oh Diet Pepsi, I will come back to you but if I can stay off for 30 days, huge success. It is really my #1 addiction.

GOAL: 30 days without sugar, carbs and Diet Pepsi

By the end of this 30 days, my sugar dependance will be broken

GOAL: to feel good about my body again. I want to see a difference, If I can loose 10lbs in these 30 days, I will feel better about the direction my body is headed. That is down, not up.

GOAL: to have more energy. If I don't have the afternoon slump where I end up taking a quick nap, I'll know it was successful.

Hey, bridgesgirl, good to see you. I'm on day 5 of my first ever Whole30, hoping to turn it into a WholeLifestyle. My biggest give-ups were cream and sweetener in my coffee, and CHEESE. But I was mentally (if not physically) ready to do this when I first read about it, and here I am.

Water is good, I've found, especially when you're not feeling right. It has a way of helping things stay on an even keel. And seriously, posting exactly what you've eaten for each meal really is a help, because folks in the forum who are a few steps ahead of us can offer good solutions.

Go, lady! Keep it up. Glad you're here.

Hi Martihana! Thanks for writing, I am drinking so much water! It feels good and I am keeping it really close.

Overall I felt better today. Tired but not nearly so hungry. I even passed on cake from my boyfriend's daughters birthday party. I made a quick smoothie instead. So after my egg/mushroom/avacado breakfast;

Lunch: Hamburger with some Chinese Spices, shreaded carrots, a couple snap pea's and broccoli.

Snack: Birthday Party Strawberry and Banana Smoothie with Coconut milk

Dinner: Beef stew - on plan, some beef broth, italian spices, Beef chunks, carrots and onions. yummy.

Thanks, that did help. I did good today but need to stop buying food. I think I have too much now and can't decide what I want. It all looks so good!

Good day today. I'm feeling a bit better and got over a huge potential pitfall, chips at a mexican restaurant. But pitfall avoided and got through with a salad with avacado and plain steak. It was yummy and as soon as it came, it was a lot easier to not munch on the chips. It's that time where you are watching everyone else munch while you sit. Ugh. Tons of water down, tried a cup of coffee today with Coconut Milk but well, not worth it. On to day 4!

Breakfast; turkey sausage with eggs

Lunch: salad with salsa, avacado and steak

Dinner: Chicken meatballs with olives, mushrooms and marinara - Banana for dessert, I really didn't need it, I was full. I'll think about it tomorrow before I do that.

No snacks either today, that is a huge positive. I'm used to the 6 meal plan.

Hi Bridgesgirl,

I am on day 11 and after reading your log I just had to write! My biggest stumbling block was giving up my Diet Dr. Pepper. The headaches were awful! Then I read you made it past chips in a Mexican restaurant - I don't even dare to try that yet! Keep up the great work! It does get easier - and I hope not to go back to the soda. Figured it was costing me about $1000/year and my children were kind enough to email a bunch of negative press on diet soda's, so....

Archived