Need recipes my hubby will like

ladybeagle

My husband is all for me cooking following Whole 30 guidelines, he is just not happy with all the experimental recipes. LOL He has always been a steak, rice (or potato), and gravy kind of guy. I've tried the cauli-rice and mashed cauliflower and he warned me never to make that again! EEK! Does anyone have any good ideas that might suit him? Oh, he also didn't like spaghetti squash!

we have made "ice cream potatoes"; which is steamed cauliflower plus ghee plus coconut milk as needed, pureed. my daughter has called them ice cream potatoes since she was little (when I didn't tell her what they were), based on the consistency, like ice cream when you stir it.

another thing you might try is sauteed shredded zucchini.

you can make gravies out of some of the veggies and broth if you oven bake or use a crockpot for beef or pork, which my husband likes.

hope these help

this is one of those recipes that you would never know is paleo - http://civilizedcave...ineapple-chili/

(i make it every week now, so good)

mmm, my favourite...!

When i cook, i'll quite often do something like a curry or chilli that's compliant, then i'll make cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for myself & cook my other half a little bit of "normal" rice or pasta. That way, everyone's happy. It's only one extra pan to wash.

I just made things like meatloaf, roasted chicken, curry chicken, pan burgers, baked chicken breasts and instead of a carb-y side I'd make at least two vegetables and/or a huge salad. No one seemed to miss the rice or potatoes. When I make stir fry I do make rice for the kids but I eat mine on a bed of green beans. I do that with curry too. Sometimes I'd make a huge pot of some sort of soup and some veggie sides. If I make tacos, some eat theirs in shells or wrapped in tortillas and I'd have mine on a bed cabbage or lettuce and sometimes they'd forgo the shells and eat it like me. I never really changed what I made, I only changed some of the ingredients like no worcestershire sauce or bread crumbs in the meatloaf, etc.

I'd say find out what recipes he DOES like and make similar things. My brisket recipe thread is popular in my house (well, it IS my MIL's recipe!) for sure, but without hubby here to test my recipes...I don't quite have a man's input into my food I've been eating. I'd say skip some of the experimental things with him - maybe make a half recipe and try it one day for lunch? Then you don't have as much to hide the evidence of...

And when in doubt, stick with breakfast for dinner!

I stay away from anything that is a paleo recreation of anything else - "rice", "mashed potatos", "noodles". My husband doesn't like them (he's a picky eater) and neither do I (and I'm about as far from picky as it gets!) You can check out my whole30 log here, or my pinterest board here, to see everything I made during my whole30. There were only two recipes we didn't like - one never made it onto the table; I came home and our house smelled like I had a dead skunk in the crockpot. The other was the very last night of my whole30 - and I attempted to recreate Shepherd's Pie.

Also, if you're husband isn't following a whole30, be open to letting him make his own adaptations. Last night we had the Greek Lamb Lettuce Boats with Avo-ziki sauce from Practical Paleo, but my husband wrapped his in a tortilla rather than eating it on lettuce. Keeping a pack of tortillas in the house is a lot easier than dealing with an always-hungry husband or making two separate dinners.

Archived